tif format and map source on local disk

Hi all, I have 2 questions.
Can I display maps in tif format?
Can I display maps in any format from local disk (for Example location like c:/maps )

thank you for reply!

1. Cesium has support for whatever image formats the underlying browser supports. Tiff files need to be converted into another format. If it’s a large tiff file, like a geotiff, then there are tons of free tools available to tile it up into it’s own imagery layer when can then be used with Cesium.

2. This is a tricky question because it depends on your exact use case. Usually the answer is no. For security reasons, web browsers can’t access the local hard disk. Technically you can disable that security (but I don’t recommend it). Also, if you are using Cesium in a browser control, such as embedded WebKit or the Windows WebBrowser control, those restrictions may not be there and you can do whatever you want. You can also easily run a local webserver to serve files off of your local hard disk.

I also recommend you check out the Imagery Layers tutorial

Dne úterý 17. března 2015 18:46:54 UTC+1 Matthew Amato napsal(a):

1. Cesium has support for whatever image formats the underlying browser supports. Tiff files need to be converted into another format. If it's a large tiff file, like a geotiff, then there are tons of free tools available to tile it up into it's own imagery layer when can then be used with Cesium.

2. This is a tricky question because it depends on your exact use case. Usually the answer is no. For security reasons, web browsers can't access the local hard disk. Technically you can disable that security (but I don't recommend it). Also, if you are using Cesium in a browser control, such as embedded WebKit or the Windows WebBrowser control, those restrictions may not be there and you can do whatever you want. You can also easily run a local webserver to serve files off of your local hard disk.

I also recommend you check out the Imagery Layers tutorial

Hi all, I have 2 questions.

Can I display maps in tif format?

Can I display maps in any format from local disk (for Example location like c:/maps )

thank you for reply!

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cesium-dev" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cesium-dev+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you for answer :slight_smile: