track RELATIVE_TO_GROUND entity shaking heavily

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

The demo below has a aircraft model. If you click the ‘view aircraft’ button, the aircraft will fly and shake heavily.

Why the RELATIVE_TO_GROUND make this happen. How can achieve this smoothly.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

i want to track a RELATIVE_TO_GROUND entity

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

cesium 1.49.0 , win7 x64, chrome

Hi Hongyi,

It’s “shaking” because RELATIVE_TO_GROUND take the loaded terrain into account. When the terrain tiles are loading in, you get some variation in the height offset. If you are viewing top-down like in the example you posted, and you put it into 2D (no perspective camera), you shouldn’t see the shaking. If you want to use a view that shows the height, I would have the heightReference set to NONE initially while the terrain is loading in, and turn it back on after.

Thanks, hope that helps.

Gabby

It looks like it also shakes even when no terrain is provided, so I opened an issue to track it:

https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/issues/7012

thanks @Gabby, @Omar. Just like issues/7012, it seems like a bug.

• 显示引用文字 -

@omar
Has this gotten worse? How do people simply move equipment/vehicle across a terrain with this issue?

check this example. Click ‘View Aircraft’ and you will see jerking.
But there is no jerking when you comment out this line - terrainProvider: Cesium.createWorldTerrain(), or this line - heightReference: Cesium.HeightReference.CLAMP_TO_GROUND .

Right now, all of our site equipment looks horrible jerking across the surface. Any suggestions on how to move a model so it follows the terrain?

cc @Gabby_Getz