Transition Effect of WMS Layer

Hi,

I am overlaying a WMS layer using WebMapServiceImageryProvider

The layer is loading fine. But how to modify the Transition Effect of the layer?

Regards.

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean by “transition effect”?

Kevin

Hi,

There are two transition effect provided by Openlayers which are as below. I want the same effect with the WMS layer overlay in Cesium.

null - No transition effect (the default).

resize - Existing tiles are resized on zoom to provide a visual effect of the zoom having taken place immediately. As the new tiles become available, they are drawn over top of the resized tiles.

Basically when we zoom in, the tiles (of that WMS layer) for previous zoom level are still visible until the new tiles are fetched. As a result the view of the globe is covered. Attached in one example.

Regards,

Hi,

In Cesium, existing tiles are always resized and drawn until the new tiles become available. I don’t think it would make much sense to do otherwise in a 3D globe application like Cesium. I guess I’m still not clear on what you’re trying to achieve.

Kevin

Hi,

I want to remove this transition effect. i.e., when we zoom-in (or zoom-out) instead of ‘resizing’, the previous tiles should disappear and let the new tiles come.

In Openlayers, we have an option to disable this transition effect(of resizing).

Advantage of doing this is the map (globe) background imagery is not covered by the resized previous tiles (like in example snapshot i posted previously).

Thanks.

Ok, I think I understand now. You have multiple imagery layers. Presumably you want the base layer to behave as it does currently. That is, you don’t want to see any holes in the globe. But for the layers on top of the base layer, you want to not show the layer at all for tiles that have no yet loaded the correct imagery for that layer.

Cesium does not have a built-in way to do that. But if you’re willing to pull the source from GitHub and make some changes to it, I can help guide you in what changes to make. See the Contributor’s Guide for information on pulling the source from GitHub and building it.

Kevin