Transparent Base Layer?

I recently started using Cesium for a project at work. I need a map that has a completely transparent background. I figured out that I can can remove the base layer after I create the Cesium Viewer, but when I do that I just get a blue base layer instead of transparent. Is there a way to change the color, so that it is transparent?

I’m not completely clear what you’re trying to do. Are you trying to just show a map in a small area, and have the rest of the globe disappear?

Kevin

Our map will have primitives (polylines, billboards, etc.). I want all of those visible, but have a 2.5D globe that has no ImageryLayers. I want it to be transparent so this map can be overlayed on something else and you can see through it, but if I remove all the imagery layers after creating the Cesium Viewer I'm left with a blue globe, instead of a transparent globe.

Is there some way to make a globe with no imagery layers transparent?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

You lost me at “have a 2.5D globe that has no ImageryLayers”. Since the imagery layers are the only thing (other than the blue) that is drawn on the surface, what does it mean to have a globe without any imagery layers?

Perhaps you mean that you want to see your polylines and such, but you don’t want to see a surface at all? If that’s what you’re after, you can just set:

scene.centralBody.show = false;

And the surface will not be drawn, but other primitives still will.

Kevin

Sorry, that should be:

widget.centralBody.show = false;

Aha! Perfect, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks,
Scott

I guess now it is something like this:

viewer.scene.globe.show = false;

1. december 12., csütörtök 17:14:55 UTC+1 időpontban skaug...@gmail.com a következőt írta: