Try build libCesiumForUnityNative-Runtime.so

Hello,
I’m trying to build libCesiumForUnityNative-Runtime.so, but I don’t understand how to do it on Windows platform with CMake cross compilation (or is it not possible?)

I have cmake, gcc compiler. I trying build “*.so” on Windows OS, but is builed only “CesiumForUnityNative-Runtime.dll” (it is not libCesiumForUnityNative-Runtime.so).

Maybe somebody can to give me advice, or instruction, or shared libCesiumForUnityNative-Runtime.so? Thanks.

What platform are you trying to compile for? Cross-compiling should be possible, but it’s unlikely to be straightforward. There are a lot of moving parts.

Thanks for responding.

I am trying to build for Debian 12 (Bookworm) x86-64.

Understood. Maybe it’s difficult.
If I may, I’ll ask you a question. I have also a Linux OS (Debian) on other machine.Then how I build libCesiumForUnityNative-Runtime.so without cross compiling? Maybe there is a simple instruction, or links, or little help for me, or something else?

There are other discussions in this forum where people have tried it, and some have even gotten it working. There are no specific instructions, but the basic process is “follow the developer setup instructions (you linked them above), but adapt them for Linux along the way.” If you’re not familiar with CMake and used to to building C++ code for Linux, you’ll probably need to wait until we support Linux officially.

1 Like