Unknown rendering error

Since some time (even before the update to 1.71) I keep getting this error (see screenshot) when I use CesiumJS. I got this error in two different situations:
a) when using CeisumJS
b) when a page is loaded with a CesiumJS included but not used for some time.

What does this error tell me? Before 1.70, I never noticed this error.

Hello Iā€™m face on the same pb. Errors occurs time to time with no apparent reason.

@mholthausen I have seen this error before, I suspect it has something to do with the browser de-prioritizing the WebGL context, since it seems to happen more frequently when Iā€™ve switched to a different tab, but I havenā€™t been able to reproduce this consistently. Are you able to reproduce it easily?

@Morisseau_Vincent I havenā€™t seen the postMessage error there before - it may or may not be related. Can you describe how often this occurs? Does it happen only while interacting with the map or while idle? How often does it happen? Does it happen more often if you switch to a different browser tab?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I cannot easily reproduce this, as this error occurs only sporadically. Most of all I could discover it in the two situations described so far: when the application is loaded with integrated CesiumJS, but then no interaction with the viewer is done for a while, or when I work with the application and click in the viewer.
What I have also noticed since the update is that the processors heat up and the fan has to work continuously when the CesiumJS application is running in the browser (detected in both Chromium and Chrome). I have only noticed this behavior since 1.71. I donā€™t know if it is possibly related to this.

I have 2 types of error, but I think that all errors are related to same problem.

• Error: Failed to execute ā€˜postMessageā€™ on ā€˜Workerā€™: ArrayBuffer at index 0 is already detached.
  • DeveloperError: This object was destroyed, i.e, destroy() was called.

How often this occurs? itā€™s time to time, letā€™s say 2-3 times per hour
Does it happen only while interacting with the map or while idle? only while interacting with the map
Does it happen more often if you switch to a different browser tab? no, Iā€™m always on the same tab.

Few more points:

• I go back yesterday on Cesium 1.69, no more errors
  • Iā€™ve noticed the pb only on large 3d point cloud tileset >100 000 000 points. The points have RGB, classification and intensity.
  • Commonly we used
    var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(ā€œcesiumContainerā€, {
    terrainProvider: Cesium.createWorldTerrain(),
    requestRenderMode: true,
    maximumRenderTimeChange: Infinity,
    });

var tileset = new Cesium.Cesium3DTileset({
url:ā€™ā€¦ā€™,
});

tileset.pointCloudShading.attenuation = true;
tileset.pointCloudShading.maximumAttenuation = 2.5;
tileset.maximumScreenSpaceError = 16;
tileset.pointCloudShading.eyeDomeLighting = true;

viewer.scene.primitives.add(tileset);
viewer.zoomTo(tileset);

I could observe a strange behavior today: besides the Cesium application, Zoomā€™s web app was active in the Chromium browser (version 83.0.4103.61 (official build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 19.3 (64-bit)). Here the above mentioned error message appeared again in the Cesium application, and at the same time Zoom must have been closed in a way that my conversation partner could not hear me anymore until I updated this tab.