Unreal 5 EA support

Greetings, do you know if/when Cesium will be available for UE5 EA please?
Many thanks
Charles

Hi @Charles_Fraser,

I don’t know when precisely Cesium for Unreal will be available for UE5, but it’s definitely something we plan to support. You can view discussion on compiling Cesium for Unreal with UE5 here - https://github.com/CesiumGS/cesium-unreal/issues/463

-Alex

1 Like

Hi all,

The latest release of Cesium for Unreal (1.11.0) now includes preliminary support for UE5! If you’d like to try it out, download CesiumForUnreal-500p1-windows-v1.11.0.zip from this release. Bear in mind that this is a preview build and you may encounter bugs.
If you do encounter problems, please search the forum and Github issues to see if anyone else has reported that issue. If not, let us know on the forum or by creating a new issue. Include “UE5” in the title to help us find issues.

Thanks for using Cesium for Unreal!

What version does Cesium for Unreal work on now? I have downloaded 5 and got a few crash reports. Never got anything to load. So, I’d like to roll back to the previous version.

Cesium for Unreal works on Unreal Engine 5.0.0 and 5.0.1. The easiest way to install it is via the Epic Marketplace. You can also install from our GitHub releases page (but not the direct link in the thread above because it is an old version that won’t work the released versions of UE5).

If you’re seeing crashes, please share the call stack printed in the crash dialog and as much information as possible about what you were doing at the time.

Thanks,
Kevin

Ok, I have UR 5.0.1 installed and Mixed Reality 2000.21051.1282.0. I have a new machine and its running Windows 11. I’ve added the crash report.

And here is the Unreal crash report to go along with it. This is where I’m stuck. Is it Windows 11?

You mentioned that crash with AzureSpatialAnchorsForWMR in another thread. Please see the questions about it that I posted there:

But I think you could be on to something with Windows 11. The crash is in a Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) related plugin, and you’ve also shared a screenshot where Windows Mixed Reality is telling you itself that it doesn’t work in Windows 11. So I think there’s a good chance that an incompatibility between Windows 11 and WMR is the cause of the crash.

Kevin

I just found an interesting fix and it worked. I read some error reports and found sometimes UE has issues with Windows 11 if you launch from UE. But, if you launch from Epic Games, it works. I tried it and it works. So, for now, I’m up and running. Now for the next set of challenges.

Good to know, thanks for sharing!