Uploading 3D Tiles on cesiumjs.com

Hi all,

I’m wondering what are expected data format & structure for uploading 3D Tiles on cesiumjs.com.

Actually for each Tileset, I have a json file (compressed) pointing to 3DBM files located in a subfolder (they load fine in my own cesium based app).

Thanks for this really great application.

Regards,

Fred.

It seems that .3dtiles ext is associated to SQLITE file containing a tileset.
I will try to convert with https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/3d-tiles-tools.

I tried to convert using :
node ./bin/3d-tiles-tools.js tileset2sqlite3 -i seoul -o seoul.3dtiles

No error and file created (checked that’s a database containing blobs for the master json file and each 3DBM file).

Added into cesiumjs.com and added to a project - no display.

Then, as my initial Tileset is already compressed, I tried to unzip it before conversion :

node ./bin/3d-tiles-tools.js ungzip seoul seoul-unzipped

node ./bin/3d-tiles-tools.js tileset2sqlite3 -i seoul-unzipped -o seoul.3dtiles

Same result.

Am i missing something ? What’s the right way to load a 3D Tileset ?

Thanks in advance,

Fred.

Hi Fred,

I’m not sure what is going wrong. Would you be able to share your .3dtiles file with us so we can try to look into the problem?

Thanks,

Hannah

Fred,

The problem is that your top level file must be named tileset.json. This is something that is not in the spec but I would really like to see it get added, otherwise it’s impossible to read the tileset without knowing the keyfile name. The alternative will be making it part of the 3dtiles database format spec only, or just making sure the tool renames the file during conversion.

Let me know if that doesn’t fix the problem for you. I’ll also work on making sure cesium.com detects this and generates reasonable error messages.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

thanks a lot - renaming the json file to tileset.json solved the problem.

Are .3dtiles and .terraindb formats described somewhere ?

Best regards,

Fred.

Hi Fred,

There is some discussion about the .3dtiles format in this issue: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/3d-tiles/issues/89

I’m not sure about the terraindb format, but Matt might be able to answer that.

Best,

Hannah

Hi Hannah,
thanks.

Fred.