Uploading B3DM files

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a set of data made in 3dbm files alongside json files. I try to uload it but when the data is processed I only get an empty box on the location the data is located in the world map. You can find an example below. Am i doing something wrong or is the data unusable. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

If you can provide some more information about the data that that you are trying to upload that will help us provide better answers

• Is it an already processed 3D tileset? If not, what is the data format?
  • What program created it?
  • What settings are you using for upload?
  • Can you share the asset id of the uploaded data?

Regards,

1 Like

Hi,
sorry for the late response I had to gather some information before answering.

• Is it an already processed 3D tileset? If not, what is the data format?
    the data format is 3DBM (Batched 3D Model).

• What program created it?
    The program used to create it is Hexagon Geospatial hosted on a Luciad server.

• What settings are you using for upload?
    I imported the files as 3D Tiles alongside the .JSON files.

• Can you share the asset id of the uploaded data?
    The Asset ID is 2473156

I hope this answers your questions and Iā€™m looking forward hearing from you. Thank you!
Kind regards,
Guido.

Hi Guido,

Looking at the tileset.json it appears that tileset was intended to have a folder structure with it. When it was uploaded to ion as multiple files it lost that folder structure.

To preserve the folder structure when uploading to Cesium ion, you can create a single zip file and upload that to Cesium ion. ion will unzip the file prior to processing it.

Please let us know if that solves your issue. Regards,

Hi!

Thank you for your response, this did fix my issue. The zip files i used contained an extra folder for some reason when i made a zip file with the contents of that folder it worked!

Kind regards.

1 Like