Using offline collada2gltf converter to convert collada models with textures problem.

Hi everyone!

My attached files are available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rh99fSDowtUERnWEhVUUFwOUk/view?usp=sharing

I have 3d models in collada ('dhqg part 2.dae') with matching textures (jpg pictures in 'dhqg part 2' folder)

My command line for converting was: './collada2gltf -f 'filename.dae' -e 'TextureFolderName''.

I used option '-e' for embedding the texture folder but the result gltf file did not contain the textures in it and it was wrong.

If someone knows the answer for my trouble, please let me know.

Many thanks!

PhanAnh

My guess is the converter may not be recognizing the paths in the dae, since %20 is used in place of spaces. I renamed everything to be underscores instead of spaces, and then ran “collada2gltf.exe -f DHQG/dhqg_part_2.gltf” successfully.

I then tried loading it in Cesium and it crashed - it is using too much texture memory, you could try shrinking the textures.

Vào 06:19:21 UTC+7 Thứ Sáu, ngày 17 tháng 3 năm 2017, Sean Lilley đã viết:

My guess is the converter may not be recognizing the paths in the dae, since %20 is used in place of spaces. I renamed everything to be underscores instead of spaces, and then ran "collada2gltf.exe -f DHQG/dhqg_part_2.gltf" successfully.

I then tried loading it in Cesium and it crashed - it is using too much texture memory, you could try shrinking the textures.

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 9:40:41 AM UTC-4, anh...@gmail.com wrote:Hi everyone!
My attached files are available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rh99fSDowtUERnWEhVUUFwOUk/view?usp=sharing
I have 3d models in collada ('dhqg part 2.dae') with matching textures (jpg pictures in 'dhqg part 2' folder)
My command line for converting was: './collada2gltf -f 'filename.dae' -e 'TextureFolderName''.
I used option '-e' for embedding the texture folder but the result gltf file did not contain the textures in it and it was wrong.
If someone knows the answer for my trouble, please let me know.
Many thanks!
PhanAnh

Hi Lilley!

Thank you so much for supporting me!

But i dont get the command line. I'm wondering that why the input file was "dhqg_part_2.gltf" and why you didnt use the option "-e" for textures converting.

PhanAnh

Forgot to reply-all here, my message was:

I changed all filenames to use underscores instead of space. This includes all the images referenced in the dae and the files/folders themselves.

Also I mistyped there, I actually did use -e. “collada2gltf.exe -f DHQG/dhqg_part_2.gltf -e” was the actual command.

Hi Lilley!

I still wonder the '-f' for the input file so why it was 'dhqg_part_2.gltf' instead of 'dhqg_part_2.dae. Is it ok to not specify the texture folder after the '-e'?. I was running it on ubuntu. Is there any difference between using windows and ubuntu for converting? Are the command lines the same?

Thank you!
Vào 05:56:48 UTC+7 Thứ Bảy, ngày 18 tháng 3 năm 2017, Sean Lilley đã viết:

Sorry another typo. The command should have dhqg_part_2.dae. And it is ok not to specify the folder. It will look for all external files and load them in regardless of where they are located. The commands are the same between windows and ubuntu.

Thank you for your help!

Vào 20:55:47 UTC+7 Thứ Bảy, ngày 18 tháng 3 năm 2017, Sean Lilley đã viết: