VelocityOrientationProperty didn't work

Hello Cesium-community,

I met a problem with velocityOrientationProperty in Cesium, please see the description as follows:

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

I am working on a cesium project and the goal is to display the vehicles driving according to their gpx tracks on maps. I basically modified the Cesium Workshop tutorial to my case. I have generated the CZML file where the coordinates inside are cartographicDegrees(longtitude, latitude,height). But it seems the orientation of the vehicle didn’t change as the drone in Cesium workshop when running .

2. A minimal code example. If you’ve found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

var vehicle;
    vehicleroute.then(function(dataSource){
        viewer.dataSources.add(dataSource);
        vehicle = dataSource.entities.getById('Point');
        vehicle.model = {
            uri: './Source/SampleData/Models/CesiumMilkTruck.gltf',
            minimumPixelSize : 12,
            maximumScale : 1000,
            silhouetteColor : Cesium.Color.WHITE,
        };
    });

vehicle.orientation = new Cesium.VelocityOrientationProperty(vehicle.position);

``

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

As described in 1.

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

Version: 1.57.

FYI, my codes are available on github: https://github.com/kathy-lee/cesium-workshop. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Kathy

Already fixed, thanks!

Glad you figured it out Kathy! Can you post your solution so others running into the same issue know how to fix it? From a glance here it looks like the VelocityOrientationProperty is created before the the CZML finishes loading?

Hi Omar Shehata,

I post the code here, the VeloctiyOrientationProperty should be created inside the “vehicleroute.then(function(dataSource){ }”. Thanks!

vehicle.orientation = new Cesium.VelocityOrientationProperty(vehicle.position);

var vehicle;
    vehicleroute.then(function(dataSource){
        viewer.dataSources.add(dataSource);
        vehicle = dataSource.entities.getById('Point');
        vehicle.model = {
            uri: './Source/SampleData/Models/CesiumMilkTruck.gltf',
            minimumPixelSize : 12,
            maximumScale : 1000,
            silhouetteColor : Cesium.Color.WHITE,
        };

});

``