What is the status of Cesium running on iPhone?

We may finally get a chance to work with Cesium on a NASA field test, but it would be running on an iPhone. Are there any documents showing what it can and cannot do on an iPhone, or how best to run it? Is it through Chrome on IOS?

When running, does it support KML with network links? Will it support the various scene modes?

thanks so much, I am really hoping this will work for us.

Tamar

Hi Tamar,

Very cool, we look forward to anything you can share about the field test.

Cesium runs on iOS, for example, check out the Waterway Information for Vessels app from LSU.

Is it through Chrome on IOS?

Safari or Chrome will be similar since Chrome is basically a wrapper around Safari’s engine on iOS.

When running, does it support KML with network links? Will it support the various scene modes?

Yes and yes. Cesium has the same support for these on iOS as it does on desktop.

The most prominent limitation is iOS’s lack of support for the EXT_frag_depth WebGL extension, which creates limitations and artifacts for ground-clamped polygons. This will not be a problem in WebGL 2.

You may also be interested in using Cesium with Cordova (we only tested Android, but iOS is supposed to be supported) and the Cesium Offline Guide.

Patrick

Brilliant! I’ll pass this along and hopefully we can make a go of it! Thanks for all your great work.
Tamar

Unfortunately my team is not able to get the network links in KML working in Cesium -- are you certain that is implemented? Do you have a pointer to some documentation?

Thanks
Tamar

Hey Tamar,

This should be working – are you seeing any console errors?

Best,

• Rachel

I think it was nested levels of network links; our developers simplified to one level deep and it worked.