Why i see gaps in terrain rendering at high level of detail?

My problem is gaps (black or see-through lines) in terrain rendering. Difficult to describe, easy to see. Screenshot is here: https://snag.gy/jT5MR0.jpg

I don't understand possible reasons of those gaps in terrain rendering when zooming in close to terrain. Can someone point me in the right direction for investigation?

I've created a terrain tileset from GeoTiff, using command: "ctb-tile in.gif ./terrain_tiles/" from docker image "homme/cesium-terrain-builder". levels of details from 10 to 21.

I load the terrain with simplest example code:
var terrainProvider = new Cesium.CesiumTerrainProvider({
            url : '/my_web_path/terrain_tiles',
        });

Using Cesium 1.18 on Windows 7. It might be something obvious, but i'm stuck and need your help.

Hello,

We fixed similar bugs to this in past few releases. Can you update to the most recent version of Cesium to see if that fixes the problem?

Best,

Hannah

Unfortunately, there are still gaps on Cesium 1.21 latest.

Orthophoto tiles flipped with flipXY. The rest code is the same. By the way, those gaps are moving along the surface as I move mouse (and change camera angle and titing). Could it be some missed argument to ctb-tiles at generation stage?

Hmm, okay. Are the gaps only there temporarily or do they persist? Sometimes there are gaps when tiles are loading in from different levels, but the correct tile should pop in quickly.

-Hannah

They do persist. Also tested on latest Firefox and on trunk cesium. Those issues does not change if I turn off/on orthophotoplan image layer.

Hmm, I’m not sure what the problem is, sorry. You might want to ask the folks who published cesium terrain builder if they have any tips.

-Hannah