Wrong object positioning based on geolocation

Hi,
following the tutorial of Cesium for Unity I added to the map a simple cube from Unity.
Then I taken a position from Google Maps as (lat, long, alt) and placed the cube by writing these values in the Cesium Globe Anchor component in the cube Inpsector.
Unfortunately this results in a wrong placement of the cube on the map.
Do I need to do some preliminary actions or something I missed?
Anyone can give me some help?
Thank you
Fabio

Hi @febo, welcome to the community!

We need more detail from you in order to troubleshoot your issue. In particular,

• How is the placement of the cube “wrong”? Please include screenshots of what you’re seeing!
  • What longitude, latitude, and height are you trying to place the cube at?
  • What terrain tileset are you using? Cesium World Terrain? Or Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Janine,
here’s the informations you asked:

1. I attached two images, one from google maps and one from the Unity interface. In the Unity one I highlighted the different positions with red squares
  2. These are the coordinates: Lat: 41.11815077, Long: 16.89295118
  3. I’m using Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles

Thank you for your feedback.
Regards
Fabio

Hi @febo, thank you so much for the detailed information. Unfortunately I can’t seem to reproduce the issue on my side. For reference, this is what I see in Google Earth at the coordinates you gave me:

So I started with a scene containing Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles, then moved the georeference near the location you gave me. Then, I dropped in a cube and attached a globe anchor. I manually set the cube’s coordinates to the long/lat you gave me, and it seems to be in the correct place.

I also confirmed that when I use Cesium World Terrain and Bing Maps Imagery, the position is accurate as well.

Is there something I’m misunderstanding? Can you please describe step-by-step how you got to the incorrect position, as you shared in your screenshots?