Adding our own terrain + raster data in unreal

Hey everyone!
I am currently working with cesium for unreal, and my goal is right now to insert some terrain data. For that I wanted to create a cesiumtileset in which the terrain 3d model is (for that I used a json file inserted with an url). And then I wanted to add the raster above it, so I add a component to my tileset in Unreal and added a raster component. Same, here I wanted to integrate mine with an url going to an xml file as you can see on the screenshots below.
In the log panel, I got those errors, do you know what I am doing wrong? How my raster file is suppose to look or in which format it should be? (i think mine look maybe a bit too light…) Is there a method concretely explained somewhere to integrate our own terrain data with cesium for unreal maybe?

It would be really amazing if we succeed to manage that
Thanks for reading

-Emma

1 Like

Hi @Emma.R,

Can you please post the full filepath that you have in the Raster Overlay’s URL field? I’m wondering if there’s something wrong with the formatting here. Make sure the URL starts with file:///.

-Alex

I just tried right now and got that mistake again:

Hi @Emma.R,

Apologies, I thought you were trying to load the datasets from disk. You do not need to add the file:/// prefix when loading from a data provider URL.

I checked out those URLs you provided. Neither of them seem to be valid. It looks like the error in Cesium for Unreal is indicating the same thing. Can you double check that this is the correct URL to load these datasets? You may need to check with whoever is hosting the data. I would expect to at least see a domain extension (.com, .org, etc) somewhere in that URL.

-Alex

Hi

Hum I am not sure… I will send you two others url that can be public:
the terrain: https://berlin.virtualcitymap.de/datasource-data/5d2c8614-d474-442d-8975-c2b4a4c0ae94/layer.json
teh raster data : dataset.vrt

Do you know why it does not work? How are we supposed to add terrain data without importing from cesium ion?

-Emma

Hi @Emma.R,

The terrain in the new links you provided seems to be working ok for me. Several days ago a new version of Cesium for Unreal (1.13.0) was released, which includes wider support for terrain tilesets. I recommend you update your Cesium for Unreal version, then try again.

The raster data doesn’t seem to be working for me using the TMS raster overlay or WMS raster overlay. It’s possible that the imagery is being hosted using an unsupported protocol. Do you know any more information about how the raster overlay is hosted?

-Alex

Hey!

There are maybe some issue indeed with how it is hosted, but now that I installed the new release everything works!
Good job!! it really facilitates my work for my project, thanks :slight_smile:

-Emma

1 Like

Happy to help! We always love to see what people are making with Cesium for Unreal. If you are able to share your project at some point in the future, please get in touch!