AirSim and Cesium for Unreal (clarifications on tile rendering)

Hi,

I am using the AirSim plugin together with Cesium for Unreal. I don’t understand how the dynamic tile loading works. It seems that tiles are only loaded for the initial view but if I rotate the ‘drone’ or any of the drones cameras, tiles are not loaded.

I also added a FloatingPawn and select auto-posess by player 0 - but this did not seem to make a difference.

Any pointers or general clarifications how this works?

Peter

@petergerten
Hi,
this is my test.

So you mean you do not have the issues I described?

OK, I had to disable culling to make it work.
It is actually mentioned in the documentation: Placing Objects on the Globe | cesium.com
:grimacing:

@petergerten
Hi,
I do not have the issues your described.

@petergerten
Hi,
I do not change anything, and i use Ceisum ion data: Cesium World Terrain + Bing Maps Aerial imagery, it can work correctly. Addition, rememer: the game mode you need to select AirSimGameMode.

hi yuan, did you get this running on Linux?

@dariusclynes
I am sorry, my workstation is windows. I didn’t do a try on Linux. And i think you can check out https://microsoft.github.io/AirSim/build_linux.html.

Hey, for some reason, after around 100 meters flight in any direction, my drone jumps out of the globe and starts to fly into space, anyone know of a fix? Thanks.

Edit:
Fixed issue by setting the Maximum World Origin to 1000000 in the CesiumGeoreference object.

1 Like