API Credentials: Tutorial for Photorealistic 3D Tiles from Google Maps Platform in Cesium for Omniverse

I am following the tutorial for Photorealistic 3D Tiles from Google Maps Platform in Cesium for Omniverse.

I see that there were some substantial changes to the tutorial for the 0.12.0 release.
Now the Cesium extension for Omniverse has a ‘Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles’ button in the ‘Quick Add Cesium ion Assets’ section.

I don’t see any way to add my own api key using this new method (I think the old tutorial utilized the ‘Blank 3D Tiles Tileset’ asset allowed you to specify the url with your google map tiles api key).

Does anyone have advice on how to use a personal google map tiles api token in omniverse? Or access to the old tutorial?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I am starting my Cesium journey with the Omniverse extension, and the lack of documentation makes it challenging. Does anyone have advice for on how to learn about Cesium Omniverse after the tutorials? The whole thing seems like a bit of a black box to me currently.

Hi @keith_schumacher, you can still use the Blank 3D Tiles Tileset option for Photorealistic 3D Tiles and any other dataset hosted on a web server.

Simply add a blank tileset, go to its properties panel and change Source Type to “url” and URL to the Google API URL with key attached. See the image below:

We will have some additional documentation coming in the next few weeks relating to some new features included with 0.12.1, however if there are specific topics you’re looking for more information on please let us know so we can factor this into our future documentation plans.

Thank you for your response and for everything you’ve done to build out this awesome tool @ryan_veenstra .

The tutorial/documentation I would most like to see is how to add arbitrary geospatial vector data to my cesium omniverse scene. I have noticed some recommendations scattered around forums (this one and the omniverse discord) and know it has something to do with glTF extensions and transformations, but all this information in a single place would be extremely helpful.