Can't add tiles

I’m using Cesium in Omniverse and have been following along with all of the Quick Start guides. I was successful in connecting Cesium and using the World Terrain _ Bing Maps Aerial imagery.

But when I got to the quick start for 3D tiles, I don’t see Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles as an option in the Quick Add Cesium ion Assets list.

In the Cesium tab, I clicked the +Add icon and saw Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles listed. On the right I clicked Add to Stage.

In the Stage tab, I see Google_Photorealistic_3D_Tiles and Google_Photorealistic_3D_Tiles_01.

I waited for 45 minutes, but never saw the option listed in the Assets list.

I’m using a default token, as instructed in the Quick Start.

Is there something else I’m missing?

@AIDH what version of the extension are you using? The Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles quick add button was added in v0.12.1.

I also confirmed that I can add Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles from the asset list in v0.13.0.

If you upgrade and it still doesn’t work let us know. There could be something else going on.

Also, what region are you in? Google maps platform blocks streaming from certain territories: Google Maps Platform Prohibited Territories  |  Google Cloud.

Other data from ion should work. If it’s just the Google data that’s not working then that could be the issue.

Thank you for your response. I connected it through Nvidia Omniverse in the USD Composer, which is version 2023.2.0. I don’t see any place to check the Cesium version number. But I made that connection within the last 2 weeks.

In my Cesium account, under My Assets, it shows the Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles added on 9/12/23.

I don’t see a version listed in My Account either.

Where else can I look?

You can find the version number here:

Thank you for the screenshot.

It is version 0.11.0 and the Up to Date button is gray. I clicked the hamburger menu to the right of that button and it just has a green checkmark on my current version. I’m not seeing where to update it.

I’m on the Community package of Cesium. Do you need to be on a paid plan for this? I’m making videos, not an app, and will not need constant streaming or such.

I’m in the U.S. so should be able to stream.

@AIDH you can download the latest release of Cesium for Omniverse here, which includes the quick add button. Try the 0.13.0 release and see if it resolves your issue.

Thank you so much! I see the 3D Tiles option now.

I know this stuff is changing rapidly, but if you could pass along a suggestion to update that Quick Start tutorial with a screenshot of the latest version, that would be helpful. What it shows there is v0.11, which is why I installed it instead of the latest.

Thank you again!!!