Cant set Render Target User Parameter in Niagara to RT_Normals or to RT_Output

Hi, so im in a middle of procedural foilage Procedurally Spawning Foliage – Cesium So #7 is saying: 7. Drag and drop the RTDI parameters into Emitter Spawn . As we’re not creating render targets on the fly, set Render Target User Parameter to their corresponding RT_user parameters.

But in my view Render Target User Parameter doesnt have a place where I can drop the User Exposed custom parameters. So it looks different from documentation and instead it says Niagara User Parameter Binding instead of the space where I can drop the custom RT_Normals and RT_Output.

Please advise Thank you!!!

Hi @GRIDtRAVELER,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Are you using Unreal Engine 4.27, or another version other than 4.26? That tutorial was created for 4.26, so it’s possible it may not work as well in other versions.

-Alex

Hi Alex,

Its 4.27 Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi @GRIDtRAVELER,

I’m really not sure why this happens, but I was able to find a workaround.

In the settings for the emitter, there should be an arrow next to Render Target 2D. Click on that arrow and set it to “Read from new User parameter”.

It should change to look like this:

Press control Z (Or edit>Undo) You should now seea spot to set the render target user parameter!
Testing on my machine, doing this works in play mode too, but let me know if yours is still not working.

This seems like possibly a bug with the Niagara updates in 4.27, but I’m not sure. I’ll look into it as time allows.

-Alex