Cesium configured in a Virtual Machine

Hello!
I would like to know if there is any specific configuration to run Cesium in unreal. Because I’m doing a test in Unreal in a VM (Virtual Machine) and nothing appears when I make the settings, only the blue globe appears, while when I test on a local machine, it runs normally, making the same settings. Has anyone experienced a situation like this? I’d really appreciate some help with this.

Hi @GuiAzis,

Welcome to the community! I’m not sure what you mean by “make the settings”. Can you please share more information so we can help troubleshoot your issue?

• What versions of Unreal Engine and Cesium for Unreal are you using?
  • Is this in the Unreal Editor, or in a packaged game? If this is in the Unreal Editor, do you have the Realtime option enabled in your Viewport Options?
  • What data are you using? Cesium World Terrain? Anything else?
  • Can you share screenshots of the app as it appears on your local machine vs. virtual one?

I’m using version 2.4.0 of the cesium update and version 5.3.2 of unreal, both on the local computer and on the virtual machine. However, on my local machine the image appears and on the VM only the blue globe. I’m using the Unreal editor, but I don’t think the Realtime option is enabled in the viewport. I don’t know if it changes, but on the VM I’m using windows server 2022 datacenter and on my laptop I’m using windows 10 home.

I forgot to mention, thanks for the welcome!
I’m still new to Cesium and this community, and I’m learning a bit about Cesium’s features.

Hi @GuiAzis , for your remote machine, is there anything in the console log that suggests any error or connection problems?

Also, you might try running some of the Cesium for Unreal samples too, as reference. If they run ok, might be something with your project.

Hi Brian, from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t notify an error in the log, it appears to be normal, so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

After a while it looks like this, I don’t know if it’s an error, I hadn’t noticed it before

Where are these cesium examples for unreal? Does the unreal store have them?

Hi @GuiAzis,

In a previous post, you mentioned that the “Realtime” option was not enabled in the Viewport. That option is usually necessary to stream Cesium data in the Editor. Can you enable it and see if it makes a difference?

If you’re still experiencing issues after this first step, I can direct you to the Cesium for Unreal Samples on the Marketplace here. Let us know what happens!

Hi.
I am also using Windows on a VM and was having the same problem (in my case CesiumSunSky covering the whole surface), but enabling the “Realtime” option solved the problem.
Thanks for your help!