Organization Name: Cesium
Job Title: Director of Smart Construction Business Strategy
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Mode of Work: Hybrid
Job Description Summary: At Cesium, we are creating the most advanced 3D geospatial representations of the real world in the metaverse. Using our data visualization, optimization and virtual reality capabilities, along with our partnership with Earthbrain Ltd, we are helping transform and shape the future of earthworks and construction site management.
As we expand this important alliance, we are seeking a proven business strategy director to work at the intersection of construction and 3D geospatial technology, driving creative market expansion and partnership opportunities to support both Cesium and our partner as we work to drive even greater value to this exciting initiative.
What you’ll do:
- Lead business strategy for Cesium developed Smart Construction VR product and industrial metaverse platforms in close collaboration with our partners at Earthbrain and Cesium’s Head of Smart Construction
- Identify, evaluate, and nurture new and existing strategic technology partnership opportunities focused on bringing value to Smart Construction platforms and products developed by Cesium and Earthbrain. Think less tactical revenue and sales quotas and more creative market expansion.
- Collaborate on Cesium’s overall business strategy for Smart Construction across existing and new product and platform opportunities.
- This role may include occasional travel to Japan, and occasional late-night video/phone meetings with our partners in Japan
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years experience in a relevant field
- Experience with 3D data visualization platforms for earthworks, infrastructure, mining, or similar fields
- You’ve designed and led business and product strategies focused on advancing digital transformation in earthworks, infrastructure, or similar markets. You’ve led and closed strategic technology partnerships that drove value to platform or product ecosystems. Bonus if you sourced the opportunities, but no problem if you didn’t.
- Impact and outcome driven, extremely organized, and a fantastic communicator and collaborator.
- You are credible to earthworks technology executives, and knowledgeable about the value of 3D real-time digital twins, and its importance in this, or similar industries
- You likely have a technical and business education such as an undergrad degree in computer science and an MBA, or you have equivalent proven work experience.
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Tuition and Loan Reimbursement program.
- Relocation Assistance Packages, up to $15,000 to make it easier to move closer to our Philadelphia headquarters.
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- Enjoy 21 paid personal days, as well as additional holidays and a winter break each year.
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Center city office with roof deck and just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia’s Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
We have a strong preference for this role to be in-person in our new headquarters in Philadelphia. Remote candidates may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
Job Description Link: Job Application for Director of Smart Construction Business Strategy at Cesium