Cesium google tileset doesnt load in Iceland, but other cities like Oslo, Malmö yes. Could we fix this soon?

Hello, we are doing studies of geothermal layers and we want to do some nice images for the presentation including more details, also on some parts would be nice to have good quality, but as I see the 3d tiles dont load on Iceland, when we put the coordinates to Oslo, or Malmö it works instantly. So the problem is from streaming, not from plugin settings/options.

Something block the streaming on that area.

Also Im telling we are going to buy Cesium if it works well, but now its not even possible to test around Reykjavik

And yes on Google earth we see the 3d only on cesium not. (check reykjavik for example)
But other cities like Oslo, Malmö, theyre loading.

Now Iceland is in a small economic crysis so theyre need to make more geothermic resource facilities and its urgent to make the studies and we like to present the geothermic energy sources under the cities in an interactive Unreal system including Cesium.

Maybe they just have some buddy working in here and thats why they have locked the whole country on cesium google tileset? :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl:
Have no other idea. World is so corrupt

This seems like less of a cesium problem and more of a problem with Google and their tiles -

This page shows which countries have 2D/3D tiles and it seems Iceland unfortunately does not have 3D tiles, you might have to look into solutions other than google for your study. Good luck.

No. Its a cesium problem, becouse the same tiles are loading in google earth, but not in cesium as I wrote. Also I wrote I have tried a different location coordinates (Oslo) and it worked.

Iceland is locked in cesium as I said probably someone is working there and asked the company to lock the area.

Is this correct even if we want to buy the plugin?

Please share any screenshots of the problem you are experiencing, that may help diagnose the issue. I look a look at this in CesiumJS and there are no 3D buildings for Iceland (I checked Reykjavik), but the terrain renders correctly. As @pablo suggested, this appears to be a limitation from Google, not Cesium, since the available tiles and data (which do not contain buildings) render correctly. Cesium does not change the data from Google in any way.

CC @lisabos to check if Google has omitted 3D buildings for cities in Iceland although they seem to be available in Google Earth.

Hello:
For example: Cesium Google, reykjavik, (unlit in unreal)

Google earth, Reykjavik

example2: cesium unreal unlit, google tiles

google earth

As I told if I put the coordinates of other cities, for example Oslo, or Budapest, we can see the 3d tiles. In reykjavik, no. So the problem is NOT with the options inside Unreal plugin. The tiles not streaming/not loading in this area. Probably locked or some issue.

Could we fix this?

Unfortunately, the data that is available through the Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles API isn’t necessarily the same data that’s available through Google Earth or Google Maps. Our data comes directly from Google’s servers (and I do mean directly - open up developer tools and check the network traffic on an example of CesiumJS loading Google P3DT, and you’ll see the tiles are coming from tile.googleapis.com) - so there’s not any caching, filtering, or censoring going on here on our part. It’s likely that the buildings you’re seeing on Google Earth were recent additions that haven’t yet been rolled into the P3DT dataset available to the public.

Anyways could you please check for us is there any fix? On my side its urgent. We need to set up some presentation until the end of this week. Of course we will display the cesium credits and later buy the system.

Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do to fix this, since there is no bug. The tileset is being loaded and rendered correctly - it’s just that Google’s Photorealistic 3D Tiles dataset doesn’t match the content available in Earth or Maps.

Okay, we double checked so we checked the google API, and its sending out the tiles for us! (not in cesium, but in another program)

The issue on the Cesium side and we are waiting to you to fix this. Iceland is a beautiful island and Im pretty sure many company would buy and use your plugin. Please fix!
:pray:

no, its 100% not true.
" The tileset is being loaded and rendered correctly "
NOT
I would complain. Please put some effort in it and try to fix for us. Or unlock.

What other program are you seeing the tiles in? Programs like Google Earth don’t use 3D Tiles so they’re not showing the same dataset.

You can check the demo on Google’s website yourself to see that the Iceland data you’re asking for isn’t available in the Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles dataset: Google Maps Platform  |  Google for Developers

It looks like Google has just updated their Photorealistic 3D Tiles dataset with the data you’re asking about. Confirmed that the buildings show up in Cesium for Unreal, Cesium for Unity, and CesiumJS.

1 Like

Thanks

There are still some problems a lot of holes in the tileset appear around the camera. I didnt see it anywhere else. Why is this happening? But doesnt really matters, at least we have the 3d. Thanks for any kind of support with this.