Cesium.js minified script

Hi,
We are using Cesium minified script locally. We observe that the offline terrains are not getting loaded, although the tileset are loaded and working fine until we use clipping plane. Once the tileset is clipped and retained back, after disabling the clipping plane we observe that if zoom in/out the textures of the tileset are going on/off at certain camera angle. There are no errors on the console as well for us to debug. Could you please share some information regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Would you be able to provide a code example which we could use to replicate the issue? That would help us determine what’s happening.

Thanks!

Hi Gabby,

Since a code is client specific, we may not be able to share it. However we have downloaded and using Cesium.js file that support offline.

Thanks

Thanks for the info!

It will be difficult to debug the problem without an example.

When you say “that the offline terrains are not getting loaded” can you be more specific about the data you are using? Even a rough code example with customer-specific details omitted will help.

Is this something that occurred with a recent release? Do note that if you’ve moved from a version 1.106 or older, there have been changes to the terrain API.

Hi Gabby, As you requested for the code example that we are using, I have attached below the sample code snippets that we are using to describe the viewer, enabling and handling clipping planes, also how we are loading the tileset to render on the client. The version of Cesium that we are currently using is 1.97. Let us know if the code snippet is sufficient to rectify the issue that we are facing. Thanks in advance.
SampleCode.zip (3.9 KB)

Hi,

Thank you for the code sample! I have a few more questioned based on it.

We observe that the offline terrains are not getting loaded

I do not see any terrain loaded in your sample example. I do see some imagery being loaded, but it’s difficult to deduce where the problem may be without the terrainDetails urls. Are you sure the imagery you are using in the OpenStreetMap variety?

new Cesium.OpenStreetMapImageryProvider({
			url : terrainDetails.split(";")[0],
			maximumLevel : terrainDetails.split(";")[1],
			minimumLevel : 0
		}),

Once the tileset is clipped and retained back, after disabling the clipping plane we observe that if zoom in/out the textures of the tileset are going on/off at certain camera angle.

I’m not able to duplicate this behavior with our sample tilesets. This may be caused by how the 3D Tiles file itself is organized. The clipping plane will not request tiles that are clipped. If you have tiles with incorrect bounding volumes, you could see the artifacts you are describing here.

It is difficult to determine the issue without access to jsonAvailableModels. Would you be able to share the tileset data you are working with?

Hi Gaby, Thanks for the response.
Here in the sample code the terrainDetails are loaded from the backend, basically we are hosting the map tiles in the webserver and requesting those tiles from the sample code as described and yes we are using OpenStreetMap imagery for our maptilles.
Also we can not provide the tileset data since they are client specific. Although I will recheck once within the team whether we can provide them. One thing I observer for this issue so far is that when I keep the clipping plane above the model(clipping plane at double the height of model’s height), I dont see this issue. This is strange because when we use the online CesiumJS we dont see any issue regarding the offline maps loading as well as the clipping plane issue.

Hello,

This is strange because when we use the online CesiumJS we dont see any issue regarding the offline maps loading as well as the clipping plane issue.

There should be no difference in functionality between running CesiumJS in an online environment versus and offline environment.

This could be explained by different versions of library. For example, you mentioned you are using 1.97, but the version on the website is 1.111.

As I mentioned above, its difficult to offer any specific advice without the ability to test on the data in question. You can always send any data privately to support@cesium.com.

Thank you Gabby.

I will check with the team and let you know if we can provide the tilset data. Thanks