About the Tool
The tool is a web application that display COVID-19 data by country from December 31, 2019, namely the number of cases, deaths, cases per million, and deaths per millions. It allows users to view the data on a timeline, click on data points to learn more about a country’s status, and zoom into certain regions (both by name and by latitude and longitude). This project was submitted to the TecHacks 2020 hackathon created over a weekend.
This project was built using:
- Cesium/Resium: Resium is the React component library for Cesium.
- React: The frontend of this project is done entirely in React.
- Bulma: The CSS framework.
- czml-writer: The data format I used was czml.
- Google Sheets’ geocode function to turn countries into latitude and longitude.
- And finally, last but not least, dataset from Our World in Data.