Draped Imagery Is Brighter / Washed Out

I’m trying to drape satellite imagery over the Cesium World Terrain + Sentinel-2 asset, but the imagery asset that I uploaded is much brighter and/or washed out than what I was expecting.

The screenshot above uses Cesium for Unreal v2.4.1 on Unreal Engine 5.3.2 (Windows 11).

When I view the imagery in a image viewer it does not look like this.
Am I missing a setting?

ASSET ID: 2546091

Thanks.

Just as a test, I turned off the Sentinel-2 imagery and now the draped imagery look as I expected.

What do I need to do to have both assets enabled and not wash out the draped imagery?

Hi @Thomas_Ward

I’m going to transfer this thread to the Cesium for Unreal category. That group would have a better idea of how to adjust the display settings in Unreal for imagery.

Is this normal behavior when using multiple imagery assets on top of one another?

Hi @Thomas_Ward, thank you for your patience.

Just confirm: do you have different material keys on your overlays? The overlay layers are blended based on the order of the material keys that they are assigned.

And each material layer is blended using a blend asset in the plugin, called MLB_CesiumAlphaBaseColor. This takes the two layers and interpolates them based on the alpha of the top layer.

If your imagery is opaque, then I’m not sure why it would be showing up additively on the tileset. But you can always make a copy of the default material instance, then use your own blend asset to try and narrow down the problem. The name of the material would be MI_CesiumThreeOverlaysAndClipping.

I hope those suggestions give you some leads, but let us know if you’re still experiencing issues!