Error loading Tile "cannot resolve destination host"

Hi there!

I’m looking at using Cesium for it’s high quality 3d terrain and building data as a backdrop. Unfortunately I’m having trouble getting the terrain to load.

Within the Unity Editor, everything works fine, but as soon as I build it to android and attempt to run it on my Quest 3 headset, nothing Cesium-related appears.

Looking into it with Android Logcat, it seems that it’s failing to load the tile data for some reason that’s not known to me:

“An unexpected error occurred when loading tile: Request for<token here> failed: Cannot resolve destination host”

(I’ve removed my access token here to be safe, but I have verified that it matches a token on my account that has read permissions to assets & geocode)

I’ve also checked that the headset has an internet connection, and that the Unity project is set to require it.

I’ve attempted to recreate this issue using the Cesium for Unity sample project and setting it up in an identical way however in this case the terrain/tile data does load. So it suggests that it’s not a device issue, but a project issue. However at this point I’m at a loss for what could be the issue. It’s running OpenXR in the same way, accessing the same assets and using the same key, with the same graphics/rendering settings, with near-identical player/build settings as well.

So It’s just on this specific project that the assets cannot be loaded within a build. :thinking:

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks ! :smiley:

I can’t wait to find out it’s something incredibly trivial and stupid on my part :joy:

Hi @shNudgeReality,

First, double-check that Player → Other Settings → Configuration → Internet Access is set to “Require”.

It might also be worth checking your project’s “Minimum API Level” (the Samples uses “Android 10.0 (API Level 29)”) and Target API Level (the Samples uses “Automatic”). These are both found under Player → Other Settings → Identification.

After changing these, it may be worth doing a Clean build, just to make sure they’re picked up. And remove the application completely from your device before reinstalling it.

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for responding! Turns out it was the Minimum API level, I know it’s not the fault of Cesium but it would have been nice to have been told something in the error to suggest that haha!

Did a clean build after that and it does seem to work perfectly fine, thanks a bunch for the help :smiley:

1 Like