Importing Blender file into Cesium

I will try the “impostor”.

Do you know of a system that will handle the heavy graphics stuff?

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by ‘system’ and ‘heavy graphics’. CesiumJS is a web-based application. It offers more (and more sophisticated) functionality than most other geospatial application development platforms. But web-based applications may have some limitations for certain graphics features. (This is a very rough summary - for example: WebGL is usually a few steps behind OpenGL in terms of latest-and-greatest features, and there are some strict guarantees in compatibilities with various platforms).

But when you mention ‘heavy graphics’, I have to point to Cesium for Unreal – Cesium . It is a plugin for the Unreal Engine, and the tutorials at Cesium for Unreal – Cesium show how to integrate some of the more sopisticated functionalities of the Unreal Engine into a Cesium world (including things like volumetric clouds, or importing high-detail models).

A word of warning: If you are not familiar with game engines, then this may be a steep learning curve. But it may be worth a try: The Cesium Tutorials should get you started quickly with the basic setup of a Cesium-based world, and … from the asset that you originally wanted to import, I assume that your goal is related to game development anyhow. Well. I hope so, at least.

Thanks for all the help, looks like I will be switching to unreal and using the pluggin for cesium.

One more question, do you know if cesium can be installed locally and without internet? What about Unreal?

You did not say much about your target use case. So my hint to have a look at Cesium For Unreal was not a ‘recommendation to use it’. I just wanted to point out another option, for the case that your primary goal is rather similar to Game Development than to Web-based Geospatial Application Development.

But in any case: Both CesiumJS and Unreal can be installed and started locally. (Of course, there are always functionalities that require internet access, but the base functionality is independent of that).

The target use is just a hobby really. I have been amazed by things I saw in Blender. So, I decided to learn Blender. I tried using the cesium pluggin for tiles to build scenes and found it did not work as I wanted. I then decided to play with cesium but soon found my animations are not working in cesium so I thought I would try unreal. It seems to play well with the pluggins and I can build my graphics in it.