Light source for Cesium Ion Stories

Hi everyone,

I’m a new user of Cesium, and have uploaded some photogrammetry model assets.

I’m now trying to view them with Stories, but there is no light on the models and so they are very dark. How do I fix this? I’m not sure where/how to add lighting within the Cesium browser app for photogrammetry models, or if there’s a global way to do it for a Story?

Thank you for any help!

Hi Rob,

Sorry you are having an issue. Stories itself is built with a “flashlight” so that models should always be well lit no matter what angle you are looking at them. It certainly sounds like that’s not what you are seeing.

If you bring the model into the asset preview window or use the “Open Complete Code Example” link in the preview panel, do you see the same behavior?

If not, can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing? (or the story and asset id)

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you Matt…

In the preview window, its still very dark… and in “open complete code example” it’s less dark, but still not ideal…

Screenshots attached…

Hi Matt,

I wanted to check in if your can help me diagnose this? I’m not sure the issue or best way to solve it.

Many thanks

Rob,

Sorry for the delay. I spoke with some of our tiler and CeiumJS devs and they suggested the root cause may be the model itself having inherently darker textures. Would you mind sharing the asset ID of the model so our dev team can look at the original source data and provide a more formal evaluation?

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you for the response!

Sure, the ID is 1538779