LOD pop-ups and streaming question

I noticed the LODs pop-ins are much heavier in the Denver photogrammetry map than in google earth.
Is this because of a server streaming cap at Cesium or because the streaming solution is not on par with google earth’s yet?

Also noticed that you can walk around in google earth (dl version) now on ground level, which serves as a nice comparison. Their LOD streaming is really smooth. They stream lots of smaller geometries I believe. Maybe that’s the difference.

Hello,

While I can’t speak as to streaming in Cesium for Unreal vs. Google Earth, the smoothness of streaming could definitely depend on the resolution of a dataset. The Denver photogrammetry map, for example, is very high resolution, and pop-in problems are harder to avoid with such a large tileset.

Of course, we are always working to further optimize performance. We are also looking into dithering between different LODs, which will improve the visual appearance of transitions between LODs if implemented. If you have ideas about how the plugin could be improved, we always welcome community contributions to the repository, or suggestions there or on this forum.