Model height differences when using on-premise pipeline vs Cesium Cloud solution

We have recently switched over to using the on-premise tiling pipeline and are now noticing some discrepancies between the vertical location of our models vs what we had before. If I use the same LAZ file that is fully geo-referenced (has headers for both horizontal and vertical SRS) and I tile it with both pipelines, the output that I get is different. The output from the Cloud pipeline seems to be correct, whereas the on-premise output is out by many meters. When executing the on-premise point cloud tiler we are not providing any custom settings or an input-crs we are allowing the tiler to make it’s own decision purely based on the LAZ file headers. The output created by the Cloud pipeline can be seen in Asset ID 1405912 and the output from the on-premise pipeline can be seen in Asset ID 1406292. It’s easy to see the difference if you open both in Sandcastle and enable ‘Cesium World Terrain’. You’ll see that Asset 1405912 is sat perfectly on the surface of the globe, where as Asset 1406292 is actually under ground.
I cannot provide further detail in this post for IP reasons, but I can provide more information directly after you reply to this ticket.

Hi

Our engineers suggest that this could be a different in the version of Proj included with the 3D Tiling Pipeline vs Cesium ion.

Can you download the latest data from Proj and copy it into bin/Data/proj-data/proj directory of the 3D Tiling Pipeline?

Shehzan

Thanks Shehzan - this appears to have resolved our issue.

Can I please ask that up to date versions of Proj data are bundled with the on-premise package going forward so that we (and other users) don’t accidentally introduce this problem again?

Hi

We definitely appreciate the feedback. I’ve shared the request with our engineering team and we’re looking at possible solutions, including whether to include it in the download or have it as a supplemental download alongside the 3D Tiling Pipeline.

Shehzan