Moving 3D tiles

@tealminivan

Thank you for sharing some details on your project! This sounds like an amazing application. I am looking forward to seeing your progress :smiley: I am going to do my best to answer your questions.

1. It is possible to move 3D tiles! For instance, in this sandcastle demo we showcase how to adjust the height of a 3d tileset. However, I suggest moving Entity objects using CZML. In this case, each Entity would be your 3d model and a CZML dataset would dictate the position of each model.
  • Here is our CZML spec. This should help you get familiar with CZML.
  • Here is our documentation for Entity. I recommend reading this over carefully so that you understand the capabilities of this object.
  • Also, check out this sandcastle demo. I believe that it showcases a lot of the functionality that you will need for your application. It should help you get started.

My biggest concern with using CZML is that I have never used it to track objects in real-time. It is possible that there are other formats that are better suited for real-time tracking. Suggestions from the community would be welcomed. However, I did find this thread about CZML that begins to address the issue.

1. For this application, I strongly recommend using Cesium ion. In terms of workarounds, exploring a static Apache HTTPS server seems like a great starting place.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I would love to see some demos of what you have so far! Even seeing your 3D battleship models would be cool. Looking forward to learning more.

-Sam

1 Like