In my code I used the “Cesium OSM Buildings” 3D tile, and I had no issue with getting it working and seeing the buildings. When I replaced the assetID everywhere in my code for the “Vricon 3D Surface Model - Washington DC” that 3D tile seems to not work. Specifically, I got no errors when reloading, but when I tried to zoom to the general location of Washington DC, I got this weird error (below). This error also happened with other 3D tile layers such as the Melbourne and Montreal Point Cloud.
What version of CesiumJS are you using? Are you able to reproduce this in Sandcastle? See: How to share custom Sandcastle examples
One difference between Cesium OSM Buildings and those other 3D Tilesets is that the tiles are Draco compressed. Decompression in CesiumJS uses WebAssembly. So it’s possible your browser/environment doesn’t support WASM for some reason?
Can you try running this (https://d2jta7o2zej4pf.cloudfront.net/) ? Does it say that your browser supports WASM?
(✓ WebAssembly is supported in your browser)
Thank you for the response! I am using version 1.74 iirc. I am able to reproduce this error in Sandcastle and use a browser that supports WASM. Can you advise?
I’m curious of the answer to this too. Cesium - can you provide a response on how to resolve this? Anybody have an idea on how to fix this?
For some reason when I tried it on sandcastle today it somehow works fine. With this, I tried inputting this 3d layer into my code (the same way I did with the OSM layer), but I was still met with this error. I am starting to believe that this error can be because of something as simple as an outdated package. I was wondering if it was possible to set up a phone call or MS Teams call to trouble shoot. Thank you for your time!
@ASIS We are currently limiting support to emails and the community forum only. If you have any additional questions, please send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with your questions and any code samples or screenshots that could be helpful for debugging.
@craiglw @ASIS double check how you’re serving the .wasm file. Some people have had a similar problem where they’re actually serving an HTML file instead of the .wasm. This would be dependent on your actual setup.