Problem with Bing maps this morning?

I’m still seeing response codes of 200 on Cesium’s calls to Bing maps for satellite imagery but the map data isn’t being returned (just an outline of the globe).

Anyone else noticing the same thing this morning?

Here is the actual response (running b10), looks like credentials are expired:

jsonp({"authenticationResultCode":"CredentialsExpired","brandLogoUri":"http:\/\/dev.virtualearth.net\/Branding\/logo_powered_by.png","copyright":"Copyright © 2013 Microsoft and its suppliers. All rights reserved. This API cannot be accessed and the content and any results may not be used, reproduced or transmitted in any manner without express written permission from Microsoft Corporation.","errorDetails":["Access was denied. You may have entered your credentials incorrectly, or you might not have access to the requested resource or operation."],"resourceSets":[],"statusCode":401,"statusDescription":"Unauthorized","traceId":"2bcb7ce9eab14a51b97dc69fcf45767a|BL2M001306|02.00.84.1700|"})

I checked the API keyin the BingMapsTileProvider.js (b10) versus the BingMapsImageLayerProvier.js (b12) and they were the same…so I’m not sure how the Cesium demos are working at the moment. I changed our imagery provider to OpenStreetMaps for now. :slight_smile:

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, the Bing key that was embedded in all Cesium releases before b12a expired. So out of the box, everything before 12a exhibits this problem. The three solutions are a) upgrade to 12a, or b) modify the Bing key being used in older versions to use the 12a version, c) switch to something else. We’re working to make sure we don’t suffer this probably again with the new key in the future.

Ring & Cozzi can probably provide further details if your curious, but that’s how I understand it.

I saw the release of 12a but didn’t take notice of the expired API key comment…oops. Thanks for clarification.