Set location manually for 3D model with metadata

Hi,

I created 3D tiles from KML/COLLADA with per-building data (.dae model) following this tutorial, Create 3D Tiles from KML/COLLADA with Per-Building Data – Cesium.

The model has its lat/lon/hight already. The problem is I can’t move it to the exact place manually.

I saw this tutorial, Set Location for Data Uploaded to Cesium ion – Cesium. Unfortunately the “Adjust Tile set Location” is unavailable for my 3D tiles.

How can I move it manually? I saw that change lat/lon/hight is quite difficult to get the exact location.

Please suggest, thank you.

Hello @Chat, I’d be happy to help with this. Can you please provide the ion asset ID for the tileset? That will help us investigate internally.

Hello Matt,

Asset ID: 522895

Please kindly suggest. Thank you.

ในวันที่ จ. 26 ก.ค. 2021 เวลา 21:35 Matt Boyd-Surka via Cesium Community <cesium@discoursemail.com> เขียนว่า:

@Chat Thank you for sending the asset ID. I see in the source files that the doc.kml file specifies the longitude, latitude, and altitude of the building. Is it that those values are incorrect, and you would like to input new ones? If so, you can open the doc.kml in a text editor and revise it accordingly before uploading the files to ion.

If you would like to use the Adjust Tileset Location feature to manually drag the tileset to a new location, you may upload the data without the doc.kml file and under What kind of data is this? select 3D Model (tile as 3D Tiles). This will allow you to use Adjust Tileset Location to geolocate the tileset.

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your advice.

Anyway, the destination I want is like this example, https://sandcastle.cesium.com/?src=3D%20Tiles%20BIM.html.

Let me explain, I have building information modelling (BIM). I would like to load it to cesium ion and be able to click each element and see its data.

I don’t know what kind of file I should load or what step I should take to make it possible.

I used to load .dae, .gltf, and .fbx files to cesium ion but each element could not be clicked separately.

Please give me advise, thank you very much.

ในวันที่ จ. 26 ก.ค. 2021 เวลา 22:45 Matt Boyd-Surka via Cesium Community <cesium@discoursemail.com> เขียนว่า:

Hi @Chat, here is a post that explains how you would achieve per-feature picking: Per Feature Data - CAD/BIM Models

Each feature needs to be a separate dae file with its own info in the kml. In that post, there’s an example excerpt of a kml file that enables per-feature selection.

You won’t be able to adjust the tileset location manually using this method, but a workaround would be to obtain the correct location through a separate step, and then put that location in the kml file. For example, you could upload the building as a non-georeferenced model, move it to the correct location using Adjust Tileset Location, and then copy the resulting lon/lat/height into your kml file.

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your advice.

If I want to export my .rvt file to Cesium 3D Tile directly, is it possible? Would you please suggest how to do so?

Thank you very much.

ในวันที่ ศ. 30 ก.ค. 2021 เวลา 01:24 Matt Boyd-Surka via Cesium Community <cesium@discoursemail.com> เขียนว่า:

Hi @Chat,

The rvt file format is unfortunately not supported by our tilers. You will need to export your data to a supported file format before tiling. Here is some information on supported formats for your reference.

Thanks,
Matt

Hello Matt,

I used to export my .rvt file to supported file format such as gltf. However, it became a single file, I can’t click on the element and see its data. The element I said are door, window, floor, for example.

The point is the advantage of BIM is that it contains individual element data that is very useful. Unfortunately this advantage can’t be used in Cesium ion.

I found that the .json file contains both the model and data, but it can’t be 3D tile.

Could you please suggest how to use BIM model with individual element data in Cesium ion?

Thank you very much.

ในวันที่ จ. 2 ส.ค. 2021 เวลา 20:47 Matt Boyd-Surka via Cesium Community <cesium@discoursemail.com> เขียนว่า:

Hi @Chat,

Unfortunately, we do not have a full BIM/IFC tiler that preserves metadata. The model in the BIM Sandcastle was generated separately by one of our partners.

Adding this feature is on our roadmap, but we don’t have a timeline for it yet.

Matt

Hello Matt,

I try to do Cesium Measure like this: https://cesium.com/learn/ion-sdk/ref-doc/Measure.html?fbclid=IwAR3buA6QsZtJOY6R5usZIKFsuoarNkD_u6_N96t0z_YT3x77rBNsi8RsUhg.

However it isn’t appeared. I attach my code for your reference, please download the code here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x3en19oR2NZbeUH_DTFsRneYzrrV9c51/view?fbclid=IwAR1tmUV54cGvQEwnvwbqH_dwvAj-eR6GvryHbzqbb2i0wP1qnGnAXrVzgAw.

Please suggest why it isn’t appeared. Thank you.

ในวันที่ อ. 3 ส.ค. 2021 เวลา 00:28 Matt Boyd-Surka via Cesium Community <cesium@discoursemail.com> เขียนว่า:

Hi,

The measurement and analytics widgets are not part of CesiumJS. They’re part of the commercial Analytics SDK.

You can use those widgets by getting an on-premises license for Cesium ion. Alternatively, if you just need to take measurements of your data, you can upload your data to Cesium ion and use the measuring tools in Cesium Stories. This tutorial explains how to get your data in Stories so you can make distance/area/height measurements.

Let me know if that helps.

Matt