DAE 3D model to Cesium 3D Tiles

Hi,Processing: testing.dae…

I am new to Cesium 3D tiles and I have some questions that I hope you can answer.

I got a DAE model, which is in HK1980 grid coordinate system.

1. Is it possible to convert the DAE model to Cesium 3D tiles format?
  2. How do I view the data? Do I have to upload the model in Cesium ION?
  3. Is it possible to keep the model in 1980 grid coordinate system? Or I still have to upload it to the Cesium ION and adjust the tileset location?
  4. How do I open the Cesium 3D files? I am able to find the zip file that have both .json and .b3dm files in it.

Thank you very much.

Lee

Hello Lee, welcome to the forum! Here is some information to get you started:

1. Yes, that is possible. A list of supported file formats is available here: Tiler Data Types and Formats – Cesium You may also include metadata files such as KML: Create 3D Tiles from KML/COLLADA with Per-Building Data – Cesium
  2. Yes, the easiest way to view the data would be to upload it to Cesium ion: Tiler Data Types and Formats – Cesium
  3. If your data is georeferenced and contains Coordinate Reference System (CRS) information, it will automatically be placed at the correct location on the earth by ion. If it isn’t, you can use Adjust Tileset Location to place it. The best thing to do is to upload the data along with any metadata files you have. If you have any questions after that, please share the ion asset ID with us, and we can take a look.
  4. After you upload the data to ion and tiling is complete, you can click the Open complete code example link at the bottom of the asset viewer in ion to view the data and start learning how to work with it through CesiumJS. Our Learning Center page has a lot of tutorials for how to visualize your data: Learning Center – Cesium Note that we currently do not support downloading 3D Tiles from Cesium ion.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post again with any more questions.

Matt