Need to convert your data to 3D Tiles?

I’m excited to announce support for 3D Tiling in Cesium ion. Now you can upload your LAS/LAZ, CityGML, KML/Collada, OBJ, or DAE data and have it tiled into 3D Tiles. Written by the same team that maintains CesiumJS and the 3D Tiles spec.

For more details check out: https://cesium.com/blog/2018/10/09/ion-3d-tiles-pipeline/

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,

Matt

sorry, I’m at beginner in Cesium, How can I upload my tileset or b3dm file to cesium icon? thank you!

Vào Th 4, 10 thg 10, 2018 vào lúc 02:16 Matthew Amato matt.amato@gmail.com đã viết:

Hey Ngọc,

I think the easiest way right now would be to just upload your source data (the CityGML, KML/COLLADA etc.) and let Cesium ion convert it into a tileset for you. Then you’ll be able to host it there and use it in Cesium.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi Omar, correct me if I’m misunderstand

for now my tileset have three b3dm file convert from gltf file, so if I just upload three model source data (.dae file) to Cesium ion server so can Cesium ion combine those COLLADA file to one tileset for me?

let me know what I’m need to do.

thank you!

Vào Th 4, 10 thg 10, 2018 vào lúc 21:32 Omar Shehata omar.sameh.shehata@gmail.com đã viết:

Yes, that should be correct! You can drag your 3 .dae files into the browser on the assets page (cesium.com/ion/assets) and you’ll get a combined tileset. Let us know if that works for you.

thanks for your amazing supported, I’ll try now and feedback to you soon :D, also I have another question need your help.

For now, I can show multiple b3dm file in single tileset to display on Cesium. But each .b3dm file just contain single model so now I want to batching multiple model to one b3dm file with batch table json.

As find out for a long time, I see that I can batching model at gltf level but I dont know how to do that. how to adding separate position and batchid buffers for each batched model and how to matching it with Batch table json when convert to .b3dm file. I’m so appreciated with your help because I’m stuck at this now.

Thank you so much! I’m so interested at Cesium :smiley:

Vào Th 5, 11 thg 10, 2018 vào lúc 21:56 Omar Shehata omar.sameh.shehata@gmail.com đã viết:

If anyone else is following this, discussion moved to here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cesium-dev/g9nS2M0Zr_M/Av6GdG4kAQAJ

I uploaded USGS .las and .laz files to Ion and they worked great!

What I’d really like now… is to be able to have them converted to terrain. Since my application low altitude (helicopter) simulation I’d like to get something that looks like buildings and tree blocks back into the bare earth terrain. My dream would be able to simply upload .laz file(s) for a small area and have it converted to a quantized mesh that overrides or sits on top of the normal terrain.

• M

Great! I was able to easily convert a KML with COLLADA models into 3d tiles!

I am only stuck at one part, how do I have to incorporate attibutes/metdata into the KML in order to have them become 'properties' within the 3d tiles so that objects can have attributes?

I’m glad you found it easy to use Koster!

I just checked and it looks like there’s no way to specify which metadata to grab right now in ion, but it is something the tilers support so it should be an easy feature to add! I opened a GitHub issue for it in the ion community repo: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium-ion-community/issues/51

Great job! Is it possible to convert a building models in 3d max format? or some pre-processing steps are required to convert 3d Max to KML/OBJ?

在 2018年10月10日星期三 UTC+8上午3:16:12,Matthew Amato写道:

I think you should be able to export your buildings from 3D Max as OBJ’s and then you can upload them to ion. Let me know if that works.

在 2018年10月10日星期三 UTC+8上午3:16:12,Matthew Amato写道:

I'm excited to announce support for 3D Tiling in Cesium ion. Now you can upload your LAS/LAZ, CityGML, KML/Collada, OBJ, or DAE data and have it tiled into 3D Tiles. Written by the same team that maintains CesiumJS and the 3D Tiles spec.

For more details check out: Cesium ion Brings 3D Tiling for Point Clouds, Photogrammetry, and 3D Buildings to the Cloud – Cesium

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,

Matt

Hey bro,
when i upload 3d source data including KML/Collada and DAE data, a error comes : We're having trouble with your data. To help fix it, please open an issue in our Github repository. How to fix this problem? I'm new to cesium and i need help. Besides,do you know some good tools or softwares which can convert BIM data and 3DMax model to 3D tiles or data Formats supported by ion ? I'm sorry for my poor English.

Welcome to the Cesium community! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

KML/COLLADA should work, so that might be an issue on our end. Do you know the asset ID of your data on ion? It should be included in the error message you got. Open a GitHub issue here so we can look at it:

Or just post your asset ID here and I’ll make sure to forward it the right person.

Thank you for your reply. However,I am particularly concerned about another question: Is the OBJ data model uploaded to ion interoperable with the mouse? Can you recommend a suitable case for me to study?
Looking forward to your reply!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by interoperable with the mouse? All 3D Tiles support things like mouse picking and feature selection, here’s an example on a BIM tileset:

Please try it and let me know if it works for you. We are currently updating our OBJ tiling pipeline so you should see some improvements coming in over the next few weeks, and we’re interested in hearing feedback.

Hello Omar and team!

I’m curious if 3d Tiles are intended to handle road data as well? I have a large dataset (shp or kml) of us highways and obviously Ion won’t process these since there is no 3d geometry specified for them (it would have to programmatically generate). I have never seen examples of road data in Cesium as 3d tiles only buildings etc. I know there are commercial tools like FME that help convert but I wanted to see if this is even a good use case for 3d tiles or if the team has other thoughts?

Hey Richard!

This is indeed something we’ve thought about - I think the long term solution is adding a vector format to 3D Tiles, which is mentioned in the roadmap here https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/3d-tiles/issues/247.

For smaller datasets you could add it directly to CesiumJS, I posted a bit about combining open data of roads in Melbourne with a photogrametry 3D Tileset here: https://cesium.com/blog/2018/11/05/dynamic-3d-tiles-annotations/. But you’re right in that at the moment we don’t have a pipeline for tiling vector data on Cesium ion.

بتاريخ الثلاثاء، 9 أكتوبر، 2018 10:16:12 م UTC+3، كتب Matthew Amato: