Air Corridors Deconfliction and Assessment

Hello guys! I am new to Cesium and I need your help with my research project. My research problem is Air Corridors deconfliction and their assessment. The objective is to find out that no two planes concurrently flying have overlapping corridors and all the planes are flying in their allotted corridors. I have to do this deconfliction, assessment and analysis for a multiple-UAV scenario where all the UAVs are flying in a small air-space. I have been able to visualize paths and air corridors using Cesium. I am not sure how to proceed further. I could not find any previous research papers done in this area for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need some suggestions badly. Thank you everyone!

A couple of approaches to tackle this problem but I do not know how to go about it:

1. If we make strong enough assumptions about the shape of air corridors (rectangles, bent rectangles, etc), we can try to put bounding boxes around flight paths in generally those shapes. Then, for each plane we’d have potentially overlapping bounding boxes describing our best guess for their air corridor. Then, we’d want to find the smallest number of planes we’d have to remove from consideration to make sure that no two planes concurrently flying planes had overlapping air corridors (or whatever test we’d have to do to check the validity of the air corridors). Then, we get to assume that the planes we removed were trouble makers, and that the corridors we’re left with are valid.

I am not sure how I can do this. Any suggestions?

1. If every plane stays in the same air corridor for its entire flight, then we can do the following: Draw a convex hull around every plane’s path. If any of these hulls intersect, check to see if those planes were in the air at the same time. If they weren’t, then assume that they’re using the same corridor, and draw a convex hull around their convex hulls. Now, we end up with a bunch of disconnected shapes representing corridors. Since we’re looking to partition the space, ‘expand’ each of these shapes until they run into each other. Call it a day.

Same problem, how I can achieve it?

1. Probably, planes do change corridors during flight. This would mean that using the above method would require ‘detecting’ when the corridors change, which is probably impossible. So we’d need a new approach. Instead of considering the collection of points represented by a plane’s path, consider a snapshot in time with a bunch of planes. Between each plane, there must lie a corridor boundary. By scrolling through these ‘frames’, we may be able to construct a probability density function of where boundaries exist, and then draw boundaries at local maxima of this density? Seems tricky! Is it doable? Please suggest.

Guys, I have posted three approaches above. Could you please help me with it? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you again!