Any hope for a compatibility with Oceanology plugin?

I understand that there is a workaround by adding water material in cesium, but the problem is that I am using Oceanology in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace and wonder if there is a solution of some sort to add oceanology to cesium scene

Hi @wneo1982,

I’m not sure how the Oceanology plugin works based on the marketplace page. What is the problem you’re encountering when you try to use them both together? There may be a way to work around specific issues to let you use them together.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, the same issue as unreal engine water, flat earth :S :S
while oceanology uses better simulation for waves, yet I wish if there was a way to have the same simulation but for an ellipsoid shape

+1, just bought the plugin, but I experience the same problem.

Just wanted to bump this - wondered if anyone had any luck with integrating Oceanology with Cesium.

In particular, whether anyone had any luck with getting Oceanology to work with the Cesium’s spheroid.

Fingers crossed!

That makes 2 of us :S :S
Oceanology is amazing, but only on a flat earth level :S :S

Have you explored any alternatives to represent the ocean with Cesium?

We are moving the Oceanology anchor object around with the player pawn, but obviously artifacts remain when viewing the scene from a height / distance.

We are considering a significant code rewrite but there is a cost / overhead associated with this - hence the question.

If the problem is that Oceanology is assuming a flat Earth, you may have better luck raising that issue with its developers.

Thanks for the reply Kevin.

We’ve contacted the Oceanology developers, and they’ve come back and said it would necessitate a comprehensive rewrite to get it working on a spheroid, so it’s not on their development path.

We’re working on some workarounds at the moment - e.g. constraining camera below height z, moving the Oceanology origin to camera location as the user pans around etc.