Part of our mission is ease of use. We’ve had lots of positive comments in this area, but we’ve also had some justified less-positive comments, especially bridging the gap between running Sandcastle and building a first Cesium app.
Fortunately, we have several improvements already in the works or on our short-term radar:
- A CDN-hosted Cesium.js so users can use Cesium without having to download or host it. We’re currently considering cdnjs.com. Other suggestions are welcome.
- A new widget architecture (also mentioned here) that
- Allows creating a Cesium app with a single line of code.
- Makes it clear that Cesium does not require Dojo or any other UI frameworks, but some Cesium widgets integrate with these frameworks.
- Tutorials as previously mentioned, including one on deploying with AMD.
- Make the website automatically deploy.
In addition, we should continue to require reference doc (with example code!) for all new code, and fill-in DOC_TBA comments in older code as time permits.
What else should we do to help ease of use for users, especially novice users, and for contributors? What are the hardest parts of Cesium to use? What is the most painful part of developing for Cesium?