Cesium for Omniverse Workflow

I’m confused by the workflow of Cesium for Omniverse.In my opinion, Cesium streams buildings data to Composer, can I add physical properties to these buildings? Or these buildings can only be visualized. I’m trying to set up a scene of flood simulation in Omniverse, which requires the terrain and buildings have physics, like collision detection.
Do I need something else to work with Omniverse together? Or I need to change my way of doing that?

Hi @MaZihao - Cesium for Omniverse streams data to a lower-level system called Fabric which bypasses the USD stage, so I’m not sure if what you’re trying to do is possible; however it might be possible in the future once Fabric supports physics.

One alternative is to use Cesium Clips to download a glTF of the portion of the buildings dataset you need and import that into Composer. Just be aware that some datasets like Google 3D Tiles are not available for clipping.

@sean_lilley Thank you for replying. I’m trying to simulate the real scene after a heavy rain, which is a physical simulation. I was doing that in a preset model, but it’s too small. Cesium can provide any scale or point of map, which may helps a lot.
I was trying to add physics properties to the data got from Cesium in Composer. During that I found I can’t do that. It sounds like that it’s not supported to add physics properties to the data from Cesium in Composer?
Also I’m trying the clipping, but I haven’t got a perfect one. Maybe I need find an another 3D Tiles.

Yeah that’s right, physics is not supported right now. We’re tracking it in Physics support · Issue #153 · CesiumGS/cesium-omniverse · GitHub.

Thank you, I’ll keep an eye on that.