Cesium for unity offline data

I downloaded the latest version 1.9.0 of Cesium for Unity from GitHub and opened it with Unity 2023.1.0 on a network-connected device. Then, I installed Cesium 1.9.0 through the PackageManager.

After that, I copied the unity.pkg.cesium.com files from the npm and package folders under C:user/admin/appdata/llocal/unity/cache separately. Then, I copied these files to another completely isolated network device, preserving the original path for unity.pkg.cesium.com.

I opened the project with the same version of Unity and installed Cesium 1.9.0 into the project via the PackageManager. Next, I downloaded some data from 地理空间数据云 (DEM Digital Elevation Model data/GDEMV2 30M Resolution Elevation Data).

I uploaded one of the files xxx_dem.tif to Cesium ion and downloaded the converted data. I then copied it to the isolated network device. In the first step, I filled in the example scene’s Cesium3DTiles/url with file:///F:/unityprojec/cesiumsamples/assets/streamingassets/tiles/layer.json.

After running the project, I couldn’t see any effect. In the second step, I placed this data in Tomcat’s /webapps directory. Then, I filled in Cesium3DTileset.url with http://127.0.0.1:8080/Ttiles/layer.json.

After running it, I still couldn’t see anything. My isolated network device already contains related URP resource packages such as com.unity.render.pipelines.universal. What else do I need to do to read the local map data on the isolated network device?

I’ve been trying for three or four days, and I’m very grateful for any help.

1648229279@qq.com is my email address for logging into Cesium ion. My username is gametang.

Hi @GameTang, welcome to the community!

Thank you for the details about your environment setup, and your issue.

First, can you check if you’re able to load any data at all? This tutorial contains sample 3D Tiles data that you can download and attempt to load locally into Cesium for Unity. Then it’s just a matter of knowing if the plugin isn’t functioning entirely, or if your layer.json in particular doesn’t work.

Hi Janine,

Thank you very much for answering my questions during the holiday. Indeed, I am just a beginner in GIS. In the past few days of learning, I have been able to load maps in Unity. It might be because previously I only had DEM data, or perhaps the area I sliced was too small. It’s not that there was nothing there; I just couldn’t visualize the elevation data I loaded. I added a component called “Cesium Tile Map Service Raster Overlay” and loaded image data, which allowed me to see the combined terrain and imagery map effect that I wanted.

I have a question. Following the instructions in the documentation, when I directly add the (Blank 3D Tiles Tileset) component to a new scene and then put the path to the layer.json file extracted from the example 3D Tiles.zip into the url, nothing loads. My usual procedure is to create a new Urp scene and then add (Blank 3D Tiles Tileset) and (Dynamic Camera) through Cesium. I fill in the .json path of the sliced DEM data into the url of the (cesium 3d tileset). At the same time, I add (Cesium Tile Map Service Raster Overlay) to this object and fill in the .xml path of the image data slice into the url of this component. I then locate the position based on the latitude and longitude of the slice, and only then can I see the data loaded onto the full-sized globe. The sliced data are all (.tif) files processed through the CesiumLab tool. Hopefully, this will be helpful to other beginners.

Hi @GameTang,

Can you show me what instructions or documentation you were following? Do you mean this tutorial, or something else? Just to make sure we are on the same page. Thank you :pray:

The beginner’s guide you mentioned is excellent. I could achieve the effects described in the article in an online environment. However, in an offline setting, I’m not quite sure about how to load data or what data I need. As I mentioned before, I’m very new to this field, and I rely heavily on ChatGPT to learn about GIS, including data downloading, conversion, tiling, loading, etc.

I’m not sure if I can achieve the rendering effect of DEM + remote sensing imagery using only the ‘Cesium3DTileset’ component’s URL. I managed to achieve the desired effect following this post. I didn’t see any mention of the ‘Cesium Tile Map Service Raster Overlay’ component in the beginner’s guide. It’s probably because my knowledge of GIS is limited, and I don’t fully understand many specialized terms, which makes it difficult for me to comprehend the explanations in the beginner’s guide. I apologize for that.