of course I can help. I already started with the CESIUM sample project with the default map and installed the VarjoOpenXR plugin, I didn’t change any settings.
With this I got a working frustrum setting in the VR headset view, if Frustrum Culling was OFF there was no visible culling on the edges, if Frustrum Culling was ON the tiles at the edges visibly disappeared.
So, first problem, first finding:
- “Frustrum Culling == ON” causes visible culling artefacts at the frustrum edges for Varjo VR/MR
Can there be done something about this? Can we change the Frustrum Culling dimensions somewhere at runtime, or in the CESIUM plugin code, or in the Engine Source? To fix some issue with the Frustrum you did some changes, so I guess there might be something in the CESIUM plugin.
In my project switching Frustrum Culling ON/OFF does not change anything, it always behaves as if Frustrum Culling is ON and there are tiles missing at the edges, even if the Culling is set to OFF.
For this I started to change the settings from the CESIUM Samples default map to my project settings for the flight simulator, and after every change I tested again with the Frustrum Culling for being active even if switched OFF in the setting.
So far, I tested:
- DirectX 11 SM5 → DirectX 12 SM6 => All well, no artifacts with Frustrum Culling == OFF
- Switch to Forward Shading => All well, no artifacts with Frustrum Culling == OFF
- Switched ON “Instanced Stereo” rendering => All well, no artifacts with Frustrum Culling == OFF
These are the most important settings, and so far no luck, in the demo project the Frustrum Culling == OFF setting is still working.
I’ll have to continue after the Christmas period.
So, BTW, have a nice Christmas time!
If I can help in any other way with finding the issues, just tell me.