Convert 3D tiles in Static Mesh Unreal Engine 5.2

Hi everyone after searching a lot i haven’t find a way to convert a tile into static mesh in unreal engine.

I would like to convert a part of a city (just several buildings) into static mesh to be able to edit them in a 3d software before getting it back in unreal.

Can you tell me the steps to convert it as 3d static mesh ?

Thanks a lot

Select an Actor and go to Actor → Convert … to Static Mesh.

However, this is almost certainly a violation of most data providers terms of use.

1 Like

it’s just sometimes there are really bad artifacts that makes usless the use of cesium that would absolutely need to be cleaned.
I tried your method but the generated mesh of tiles after inserting in unreal crash almost immediately, and if I try to reopen the scene, all materials are missing. I tried to located them at the beginning but looks like they are not shown in the content manager, weird…
My idea would be to export the mesh out of unreal, clean the bad artifacts and reimport, but even if without the crash problem and missing materials, would be dozen of different materials applied to the tiles, that would make the exporting/ reimporting almost very hard I guess.
Do you know any other solutions?
Thank you