[Flight Simulation] make runways flat

1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.
Using the cesiumWorldTerrain, runways in Taiwan looks bumpy, i'd like to put an overlay with flat tiles.
I know it's possible because the project https://cesiumjs.org/demos/GEFSonline/ does this, I'd just like to know if there's any way i can accomplish this, i've looked at 3dtiles and some other stuff but i didn't find anything really relevant to my problem, or if I did I simply didn't understand.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

I'm working on a flight simulation project, everything works fine, my plane flies in the 3D world Terrain, however, for a flight in Taiwan, the runway looks really bumpy and i'd like to have a proper flat runway,

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.

Cesium 1.45, Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. Browser: Chrome 66.

Thanks in advance,
Quentin

Hi Quentin,

You may not even need 3D Tiles for something this simple, perhaps just a 3D model will work.

You can also clip out the bumpy terrain if it is showing through.

Thanks,

Gabby

Hi Gabby,

thank you very much for your answer, I'll look into this and will let you know as soon as I managed it :slight_smile:

Hey, it's me again,

I managed it by uploading a tif file to cesium ion and use it as my terrain, now I'd like just some information about something, could it be possible to use tiff files locally without having to update them to cesium ion ?

Thanks a lot

Hello again Quentin,

No it’s not possible - the tiff file needs to be processed into a 3D mesh (the quantized-mesh format in this case) in ordered to be rendered in 3D. This is what Cesium ion does when you upload your tiff.

Thanks,

Gabby