Help: I can't open my project when I updated Cesium!

ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘CesiumRuntime’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in CesiumRuntime.build.cs to override.

I have a presentation tomorrow and I really need to solve this !

I am using macOS

Hi @Alaa_Al-Shidhani,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’re looking in to this. In the meantime, you can try downgrading to an earlier version of the plugin. Previous releases can be found here: Releases · CesiumGS/cesium-unreal · GitHub

Hello Agallegos,

Many thanks for your message.
I managed to open the project in a Windows Unreal Engine, deactivate the plugin and open it again in Mac since even updating Xcode didn’t work unfortunately.

I downloaded the older version of Cesium but how can I activate it in Unreal please ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Alaa_Al-Shidhani ,

You can put prebuilt releases in the “Plugins” folder of your project and Unreal will pick it up the next time you open the project. If you need to build a specific version of the plugin from source you can follow the instructions here.

-Nithin

1 Like

Any update regarding this issue. Unable to resolve this

We’re not aware of any current issue running the plugin on macOS. If you’re having trouble, please give us as much detail as possible. What operating system version, UE version, and plugin version? How did you install the plugin? What is the exact error, and when are you getting it?

Working for hololens
UATHelper: Packaging (HoloLens): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘CesiumRuntime’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in CesiumRuntime.build.cs to override.
PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘CesiumRuntime’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in CesiumRuntime.build.cs to override.

When going to previous version,
C:\Users\sa1\Documents\UnrealProjects\XR\Plugins\CesiumForUnreal\Source\CesiumRuntime\Private\ScreenCreditsWidget.cpp(33) : error C4866: compiler may not enforce left-to-right evaluation order for call to ‘SBox::FArguments::operator
UATHelper: Packaging (HoloLens): C:\Users\sa1\Documents\UnrealProjects\XR\Plugins\CesiumForUnreal\Source\CesiumRuntime\Private\ScreenCreditsWidget.cpp(33) : error C4866: compiler may not enforce left-to-right evaluation order for call to ‘TSlotBase::operator

this is the error i got

Cesium for Unreal currently works with HoloLens remoting, but does not work directly on the device. There is probably nothing major that prevents it from working, but you would need to follow the developer setup guide and build the plugin for the device yourself, including building cesium-native.

sure. For Hololens 2 project how can i convert my lat and long to unreal location as its not working while using transfrom built in function

Can you show us what you’ve tried? There shouldn’t be anything Hololens specific about it. But don’t forget that longitude is first, latitude is second.

In unreal, yeah i know. but i want to spawn ship on real lat and long on cesium for holographic table?

I know the lat and long sequence. that’s not an issue.

For example if i want to spawn here. I have used transform lat long into unreal. but how it will find specific to holographic table

@Kevin_Ring Kindly let me know if you can help me out in the above scenario

how can i convert my lat and long to specific holographic table for cesium unreal

You still haven’t shared what you tried, and what was the result. I’m not aware of any particular steps needed for the holographic table in particular.

62916b42d7e0aaae49b4b3468d23430ef8e7fb1c_2_690x375
I have converted my geographic coordinates to projected coordinates then to engine coordinates. I am working for round planet.

Now as picture is shared, its 2d plane showing cesium Terrain at a specific location in unreal i.e 0,0,0. but now how can i convert my engine coordinates to 2d plane where i will be spawning some actors at real lat and long.

This is a default project shared by EPIC named as ProjectAnywhereX

That’s not a 2D plane, it’s a small slice of a 3D globe. To convert longitude / latitude / ellipsoidal height to Unreal coordinates, use the TransformLongitudeLatitudeHeightToUnreal function on CesiumGeoreference. If you’re using UE4 instead of UE5, it’s called InaccurateTransformLongitudeLatitudeHeightToUnreal because UE4 doesn’t support double-precision in Blueprints.

Sure. but how it will be displayed on that slice? I am unable to achieve that. Thank you so much for understanding my issue.

I don’t think I understand what you’re asking. You can create a normal Actor at that location to display whatever you like. Are you asking how to avoid displaying it outside of the table? I believe in ProjectAnywhereXR, that is done with a material that uses the opacity mask output to discard pixels outside the table. Take a look at the material used to render the tileset.