My own terrain tile

Can I use my own terrain tile map ?

ex)
https://maps.gsi.go.jp/xyz/std/{TileMatrix}/{TileCol}/{TileRow}.png
https://maps.gsi.go.jp/development/ichiran.html#std

Hello,

You won’t be able to use that field for assets that are not hosted in Cesium ion. However, if you are able to download the tileset, you can load local data following this tutorial - Adding Datasets – Cesium

Does this solution help?

Hi all, I’m new here.
In the tutorial you suggest to read, there is a button called “Add Blank” that in my Cesium for Unreal doesn’t appear. So I’m not able to add a local file.

1. Do you know why the button “Add Blank” is not present?
  2. With this button present, can I add a GeoTiff directly to replace Bing Maps photogrammetry?

Hi @Aquil8, welcome to the community!

I’m not sure why that button isn’t appearing for you. Are you using the most recent version of Cesium for Unreal? The Epic Games launcher will indicate if there’s an update available.

If you are using the most recent version of the plugin, please send me a screenshot of what your Cesium panel looks like and I’ll try to figure out what’s going on.

For your second question, direct GeoTIFFs aren’t currently supported with Cesium for Unreal. Your best bet is to tile the imagery with Cesium ion, and then you can easily replace Bing Maps imagery with it. Here’s a tutorial on tiling imagery with ion - Imagery – Cesium

Thank you @agallegos for reply.

I think I’m using the most recent version of Cesium for Unreal because I’ve installed it three days ago. The Epic Games launcher doesn’t indicate there is an update available.

Here a screenshot of my Cesium for Unreal:

Hi @Aquil8,

Thanks for getting back to me! I was mistaken in my last reply - the “Add Blank” button as shown in the Adding Datasets tutorial no longer exists in the top bar. It’s been moved into the “Quick Add Basic Actors” section right below - hit the plus next to “Blank 3D Tiles Tileset”.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I’ll update the tutorial right away.

-Alex

1 Like

Thank you Alex