Odd shading lines

Hi there,

Got an issue of some odd shading lines while doing terrain colorizing, and just wanted to check if there’s something obvious about this before I dive deeper to find out what’s going on.

I’m colorizing terrain models, and it works fine and the colorizing is smooth and expected, but when I turn on viewer.scene.globe.enableLighting I get these odd streaks or shading lines. Are they a true artefact of the lighting shader, or something else (or some other feature or setting) that’s obvious?

Cheers,

Alex

Only thing that comes to mind is tile boundaries perhaps? If you turn on the Cesium Inspector (https://sandcastle.cesium.com/index.html?src=Cesium%20Inspector.html) and select “Terrain > Show tile coordinates” does it line up with these seams?

Thanks for that,

I popped the debugger in, and it certainly corrolates with a bounding volume of a tile (the tile coordinates don’t seem to do anything, but that’s maybe because we’re using our own tiling?). Are there some parameters that control the rendering of the color bands?

Cheers,

Alex

What format is your custom terrain? Is it quantized mesh?

One way to narrow down if it is an issue in how you’re generating your terrain is to upload the source data (a raster single-band GeoTIFF for example) to Cesium ion to create terrain that way and see if it has the same issue. That’d also help us reproduce it and investigate.