polylineVolume cut direction change?

Hi,

Is there a possible way to change polylineVolume cut direction from vertical into another desirable degree?

Hi @isro,

Apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately, we do not have any option to specify the cut degree of a polyline volume. If you want to share more details about what you need this functionality for, I can try to see if there are other options / workarounds.

Best regards,
Janine

Hi @janine,

Thank you for the response. actually i working on the project that includes creating mining borehole data. the data including a long line and azimuth + dip could change every 5 meters depth. the app have 3D visualization as well for each entity, so i used polylineVolume for more easy approach (but this approach always make the circle vertically, not by given dip degree). I have tried to use cylinderGraphics before, but i cannot calculate the slope properly to connect each segment (when CesiumTerrain toggle on).

Here’s the example, that i got from internet:

The data that have been provided are:

• coordinate
  • dip / plunge
  • azimuth / bearing
  • true vertical depth

Has there been any new development for this feature request? I’m also needing this ability to be able to display air space in regards to the trajectory of launched projectiles from different degrees and speeds. The flat facing vertical cutoff on the polylineVolume doesn’t quite work for us.