Project Anywhere map table in unity

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to implement the project anywhere map table from the unreal example in Unity?

1 Like

Hey @AoiGhost,

Welcome to the community! One suggestion is using the CesiumTileExcluder interface to exclude tiles, such that they only appear in a square area. You can also modify the material to clip parts of tiles that extend out of range.

We have instructions for doing so in this Github PR. Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

Thanks, question, I noticed in the changelogs

• Added CesiumCartographicPolygon and CesiumPolygonRasterOverlay, which together can be used to clip out polygonal areas of a Cesium3DTileset. These new classes are only available in Unity 2022.2+ because they require Unity’s Splines package.

Is this what it does, if so, is there an example of it?

We don’t have a tutorial or unity sample for those yet, but I’d encourage you to try to the documentation from the PR.

Thanks, if I’m reading this correctly, it’s geolocked and not floating so it can’t be used as a map table like project anywhere, correct?

1 Like

I’m trying to make a project anywhere style map and this is what i’m getting with the provided code and tutorial, is there a lead on the problem?

Or better yet can a material and code snippet premade be merged into cesium that works

Thanks, if I’m reading this correctly, it’s geolocked and not floating so it can’t be used as a map table like project anywhere, correct?

Correct. The CesiumTileExcluder has a slightly different use case than CesiumCartographicPolygon, and can be thought of as a “floating boundary” in a map table example.

Thanks, do you have any tips for getting the material working so I can actually get the map table itself working?

Hard to recommend a course of action without knowing exactly what your project looks like or what you’re trying to do next.

The more specific your question, the better chance the community will have to answer it.