Project anywhere terrain not displaying in Unreal Engine 4.27.1

Hi, after following the Project Anywhere tutorial steps and repeating them 3x using Unreal Engine 4.27.1
I still do not get the terrain to appear. Can anyone assist in letting me know if they have had the same problem and if they were able to figure out the error that I may be making?
Thanks for any assistance.
Roger

A first step would be to have a look at the output log (“Window” Menu → Developer Tools → Output Log), to see whether it shows any warning or error message.

Hi Marco13,

Sorry , can you be more step by step specific? I really am not sure what you mean with
(“Window” Menu → Developer Tools → Output Log) .

I am using a W7 desktop

If I type in Develop Tools in the windows search I don’t get what the Output log. I think I am not following your instructions correctly.

Thanks for any clarification.
Roger

^ What nbaja showed there :slight_smile:

It should open a console that prints a lot of status messages. If something starts with ~“Cesium” and contains the word “Warning” or “Error” (often printed in yellow or read), that could give a good first hint.

Hi Marco,

You were correct, there are the following error messages:

LogCesium: Error: [2021-11-02 20:54:42.601] [error] [IonRasterOverlay.cpp:78] Ion raster overlay metadata response type is not ‘IMAGERY’, but unknown
LogCesium: Error: [2021-11-02 20:54:42.613] [error] [Tileset.cpp:163] Received status code 401 for asset response https://api.cesium.com/v1/assets/1/endpoint
LogCesium: Error: [2021-11-02 20:54:42.613] [error] [Tileset.cpp:163] Received status code 401 for asset response https://api.cesium.com/v1/assets/354307/endpoint
LogCesium: Error: [2021-11-02 20:54:42.613] [error] [Tileset.cpp:163] Received status code 401 for asset response https://api.cesium.com/v1/assets/69380/endpoint
LogCesium: Error: [2021-11-02 20:54:43.100] [error] [Tileset.cpp:163] Received status code 401 for asset response https://api.cesium.com/v1/assets/96188/endpo

can you tell me if there is something that I can do to not make these errors?

thanks
Roger

The status code (401=Unauthorized) indicates that there is a problem with the access token when trying to access these assets. I assume that the tutorial that you referred to is Project Anywhere XR | Unreal Engine Documentation (or related to that): Did you set your “Ion Access Token” for the actors? Can you see the Cesium World being rendered when you visit your asset list in Cesium ion ?

Hi Marco,

Yes, I set the ion access codes in UnEn; how do you see if Cesium World is being rendered while looking at the asset list in Cesium Ion?
I only see lists. I’ve attached 3 screenshots of my Cesium ion account. Maybe you can tell me what is going on better once you see them?

Thanks a bunch.

Roger

The screenshots look right. It was really only about whether you have an account and access to the assets (e.g. in the second screenshot, the Aerometrex Denver asset is selected, and the small preview window renders it properly - you can zoom and pan around in this preview. For the Cesium World Terrain, it should show the whole globe).

That doesn’t explain (or rather, reinforces) the question of why you are receiving the 401-messages in Cesium For Unreal.

As a quick, basic test, just to see whether there may be something fundamentally wrong, you could try the following steps:

• Create a new empty level
  • In the “Quick Add” panel, add the “Cesium World Terrain + Bing Maps Aerial Imagery” by pressing the “+”-button (as shown in Cesium for Unreal Quickstart – Cesium )
  • Add the CesiumSunSky by pressing the corresponding “+”-button

This should already show some terrain. The main test is then:

• Select the Cesium3DTileset in the World Outliner
  • In the “Details Panel”, enter your asset token in the “Ion Asset Token” field

It should then still show the terrain. If it does not show the terrain (that is, if it then shows the 401-messages again), then there may be something wrong with the token… or so… we might have to investigate that further. This is only intended as a basic test…

Hi, i got some more info on this one.

I’m having the same problem as Roger, and getting the 401 code in the output log.
Still, i found i way to display the cesium data by switching to “landscape” mode.
If i go back to “select” mode, the loaded tiles stays in the field of view, but no new tiles are rendered.
So it’s not a solution, just so you know that the data is there, but there seems to be a bug in the “select” mode.

im adding some screenshots:

1 Like

Thanks Marco a ton for these steps. I will test it later today and let you know.

Roger

Spectrum Aerial Imaging

Hi Stianrostad and Marco,

Apologies I was away, I am hoping to get back to this project today and see where I can progress to.
Thanks Stian for the input and screenshots. Now I know what to look for.

Roger

Hi Marco,

I have a new topic to ask you about. It is about how Cesium works with Reality Capture v1.2. I have
uploaded a 3D tile set from Reality Capture yesterday. I could use as much guidance as possible on how best to create Reality Capture output so that it works best in Cesium and then in Unreal Engine and Twinmotion. Thanks for you help as always. I haven’t had a chance yet to review the earlier help you and stianrostad have provided. Hope to soon. Roger

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. Tiles are not rendered. I have to press and hold ctrl + L and move my mouse to rotate the sun and update the world manually everytime. This is really painful